My "Ultimate Driving Experience" with the BMW Z4 M Roadster

natedog_1959

Established Member
Today, I drove a 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster with 35 miles on the clock for 17.3 miles and I'm still smiling. Here's how it all went down.

Before work, I went to the Susan G. Komen Driver for Cancer at the BMW dealer here in Peoria, IL. I had a blast test driving the new 330i and Z4 3.0i.

When I was done with the Z4 I noticed two brand new Z4 M Roadsters hiding in the corner of the lot.

This got me thinking.

I went in and found the sales manager and offered him a deal. I told him I would donate $40 to the Cancer Drive if he would let me take the M out for a test drive along the same route the other cars were taking.

He had this floored look on his face and asked me if I was serious. After that, I knew I was in for some disappointment. But here's the kicker.

HE SAID SURE!!!

I told him I was going to get my $40 out of the test drive and he said he was looking forward to it. So, he had one of his salesmen watch me drop the $40 in the donation jar and he brought the car around to get plates so we were legal.

Now, the good stuff. The Z4 M Roadster kicks ass. I saw 7 grand in 1st and 2nd and it still had about 1200 rpm to go. I didn't want to overstay my welcome and really beat on it because the sales manager was with me but I had my fun. The handling, braking, feel, feedback, everything was amazing. We were at 90 before I thought we were at 50. The clutch was super grabby so that took a bit of getting used to but it wasn't too bad. The Sport button really woke up the throttle response on an already hyperactive engine. Overall, it was worth every penny and I would do it again given the chance.

Hope you enjoyed the read and please feel free to ask any questions as I will try my best to answer them.

Peace, Nate

Users who are viewing this thread