My turbo Focus 12.4 @ 115

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
This is my "between Mustangs" car. I had a 2003 Mach 1, which I sold in an attempt to be responsible. Well that didn't work too well, and this is the result.
I've owned this car for 9.5 years, and I'm about ready for my next Mustang. Until I find the right one, I'll keep playing with this car.

Mods:
(self) hand-built forged 10.4:1 CR motor
4-nozzle direct port meth injection
GT3082R @ 25psi
24.5x15x8 MT ET Drag
Torsen LSD
Self-tuned with SCT PRP
Lots of other stuff
Full weight plus leather interior and trailer hitch, 1/2 tank gas

The car is having some spark issues above 5K RPM which I'm working out, so even though it's 25psi it's peaking at 350whp.
The 3082R is too laggy for me, so I'm dropping back to a GTX2871R in the next few weeks, working out the spark issue, and shooting for mid 11's at 120mph if I can work out launching this darn FWD.

Forgive the 60'. This is my first day on slicks with the FWD. Still playing with heat/RPM/pressure. I did manage a 1.84 60' for a 12.5 @ 109 on a lower boost, but it was still spinning. I'll get it figured out.

IMG_20150619_232547.jpg

[video=youtube;l_op5CWwyLk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_op5CWwyLk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;drw8Q0OSvlI]http://youtu.be/drw8Q0OSvlI[/video]

Last edited:

Prototype007

Established Member
Don't stay in the waterbox during the burnout. Just do a quick turnover in the water box, pull forward on the dry, then do the burnout. Staying in the box just keeps tracking water onto the slicks and throwing it up into the fenderwells, only to drip back down as you stage up.

With more seat time and tweaking you'll definitely be in the 11's without a problem!

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
Nice run. Good MPH in the 1/8!
Thanks!

Don't stay in the waterbox during the burnout. Just do a quick turnover in the water box, pull forward on the dry, then do the burnout. Staying in the box just keeps tracking water onto the slicks and throwing it up into the fenderwells, only to drip back down as you stage up.

With more seat time and tweaking you'll definitely be in the 11's without a problem!

Thanks for the advice!
I'll get back to the track hopefully in September and again in October.

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
Any updates?

The car is running great with a GTX2871R turbo on it now, with some reworked hot-side intercooler piping. I also installed traction bars. Since then I haven't had a chance to get back to the track.
I also picked up a turbo 2004 Mach 1 for a new toy. After nearly 10 years tinkering with the Focus, I'm getting back into a Mustang. Now the Focus is up for sale to make room. If I had the space to keep both I would. Since it is quite a niche car I have no idea how long it will take to sell it.
I'm hoping to get to the track one more time with the Focus this year. I missed out on a track rental last weekend as I was taking my son (and the other cub scouts) camping. PaxtonShelby congrats on the new pb in the '14!

Users who are viewing this thread