my turbo 5.0 vs stock ZR1

betsvt

Established Member
this was my friend driving the zr1, we had a lot of fun with it and i am lucky enough i was able to drive it. it is a beast and sounds amazing, however it is way to much money for me...

also as stated i got the jump but if that car was faster he had plenty of time to reel me in. shut down at 130 due to cars ahead. i thought i would lose so I'm happy i held him off.. i call it a tie

enjoy.

turbo 5.0 coyote vs corvette zr1 - YouTube

I'm running the 67mm precision hellion kit on 7psi. stock internals.

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Exciting race to watch, those wheels on that zr1 are beautiful! He was very slowly gaining ground, but I don't think he was going to catch you within a realistic time frame. Shutting down at 130 makes sense because that's about what those cars are going to trap in the 1/4 anyways. Anyways awesome kill!!!!

betsvt

Established Member
Exciting race to watch, those wheels on that zr1 are beautiful! He was very slowly gaining ground, but I don't think he was going to catch you within a realistic time frame. Shutting down at 130 makes sense because that's about what those cars are going to trap in the 1/4 anyways. Anyways awesome kill!!!!

yea he was creeping for sure, I'm still happy i held it off. and yea exactly..

thanks man

itSSlow98

Established Member
denial is expected from chevy guys.. they can't accept that their 100k corvette got held off by a 30k 5.0 with a 5k turbo kit with less boost ;-)

I agreed with the comment in red and then you had to throw a shot in lol. Comparing a 5.0 to a ZR1 is ridiculous because they are totally different cars meant for way different things.

65mph_Roll

Established Member
How do you deal with the high compression ratio and big boost?? (not that 7psi is "big" boost, but still)

KurtDog

Established Member
Great race, it's fun watching two slow ass cars race! :)

J/K. Sweet 5.0. What numbers are you putting out? Also, what size turbo are you running? Stock internals?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
How do you deal with the high compression ratio and big boost?? (not that 7psi is "big" boost, but still)

These motors are very efficient. You can easily run 8-9psi on pump gas even though they are 11-1 compression. Its all in the cam timing.

OP, how do you like the kit your running? I have read that when it first came out it had a lot of issues. I have also heard they "revised" the kit to fix the problems people were having. Can you elaborate on your experience? send me a tell so we dont get this thread off topic, thanks:beer:

P.S. great race BTW

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
There's no way the 5.0 could have won with your cocky attitude. My terminator would stomp that POS...

Jk, good job holding off the zr1! What did you make on the dyno? SAE and uncorrected if you have them please.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Only 7 psi and you're doing that to a ZR1???!!!!!!!

COYOTE 5.0=:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

betsvt

Established Member
yes i am running stock internals.. the car made 550/525 on a mustang dyno.

the kit was not too great for the price... came with a lot of wrong fittings, turbo heat cover didn't fit, and there is still one exhaust leak i haven't been able to fix. but i can't return it so we made it work. besides the bs it runs good and i am happy with how it pulls. if i had to do it again i would have had my friend custom build the piping.

i can't wait to forge the motor and up boost one day, now I'm worried about this tranny

Users who are viewing this thread