My truck has developed a noise.

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
I have been hearing a some sort of poping sound coming from the front end lately and I not sure what it is. It started yesterday as I was coming home from work. When I turned the wheel all the way to the right to turn onto the driveway, it made a poping noise of sorts. I backed out on to the street and then turned back onto my driveway, it poped again. So I put it in park and turned the wheel all the way over to the right, then left, it poped. Seems like its poping everytime the wheel is turned all the way to one side. What could be causeing this?

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
check if the bolts on the lower control arms have been moving. If they have, clunk washer fix is in order, if not, grease your steering stops.

glencarbonbolt

Cubs SUCK
Established Member

I got my clunk washers from David Lynn a year ago in March '07. He sends you everything you need including a how-to with pics and the TSB. He had to raise the price to $35 since steel prices were rising. Not sure if his price is the same today? Shipping was another $5. Everything was high quality 303 SS (no corrosion to worry about) and shipped immediately. He'll do you right.

SWThomas's link shows David's email as [email protected]. That might be a typo. I still have all of my email correspondence with David using [email protected].

Here's a how to link: http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=575595

Users who are viewing this thread