My times..

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Before on the old stock motor/tune I ran 13.2's @ 106 with 2.2 60's. Now with the new motor/new tune, removed towing hitch, added slappers almost 1/4 fuel I run 13.3 @ 107.8 with 2.2 60's.
basically its getting worst. I know its all in the 60's so whats the trick with the L to get it out the hole better? All im shooting for on street tires is 1.9-2.0. Im thinking that would only get me to a 13 flat. Some advice and thoughts?

Jarrett H

Established Member
Your truck sounds strong. Clean your fuel injectors, make sure your plugs are gapped correctly. Clean filter, good fuel etc... correct tire pressure up front. Try running without a tailgate, and unplug your batter for 10 minutes before you run.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
I stall. can't seem to get the right launch. The more I think about it I believe I just need a lot more practice. only get 3 runs in 4 hours at my track. By the time im up Im just ready to go. how do most launch on street tires? my mph is good for 12's correct but at what 60ft?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I stall. can't seem to get the right launch. The more I think about it I believe I just need a lot more practice. only get 3 runs in 4 hours at my track. By the time im up Im just ready to go. how do most launch on street tires? my mph is good for 12's correct but at what 60ft?

Nitto 555r's. Why waste your time with anything else. Don't cost that much more than Toyos, and will get you 1.7-1.8 short times. Drive fine in rain, and I have 15K on mine currently. In good weather I run mid 12's @ 106-107.:rockon:

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Youre correct. I dont drive the truck much but I was worried about being caught in the rain with a DR. Think I need to step it up if I want to get these times under control. DR's next. How much fuel do most race with at the track?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Youre correct. I dont drive the truck much but I was worried about being caught in the rain with a DR. Think I need to step it up if I want to get these times under control. DR's next. How much fuel do most race with at the track?

I usually race with whatever is in the tank, sometimes fullish, sometimes as low as 1/4. I run full weight, hitch, tailgate on and up, etc.... It has been proven through M/T or Car and Driver that removing the tailgate or laying it down actually causes more drag.

RMoore92

Established Member

My Mickeys handle great in the wet!! I got cought in a rain storm and I thought I had my hancooks on :0

S P E E D

Established Member
Like Black99Lightning said above, Get on a tire! These trucks all need Drag radials from the factory. You want 1.7,1.8,1.9 Sixty foots....these are gonna do it for ya. They say every tenth pulled off your sixty foot will shave 2 tenths off the ET (Average Street cars) So figure right now your getting 2.2 and going 13.2. If you get a 2.0 You will go 12.8's (Give or take) .

With a 2.0 Sixty foot I went 13.06, The next weekend I went back I went 1.77 Sixty foots and ran 12.500. Drag Radials are worth every penny!

Users who are viewing this thread