My tick is getting louder???

03cobratech

Established Member
Hey guys, my car has the tick as most of the 03's seem to have, but its starting to sound louder now.... Anybody starting to get really fed up with their ticking noise?? I park in a garage, so when i first start it up in the morning when the tick is at its worst its amplified in the garage and is SOO annoying...And drivethroughs are really embarassing... I noticed nobody has posted recently about getting the fix done, how come?? Has anybody had the head changed and still had the ticking niose?? I really dont want some random tech at the ford dealership pulling my engine out if its not going to fix the problem... Also i'm a little worried about my mods, I have a steeda CAI, catted xpipe, and borla catback... Anybody have their warranty voided for those boltons?? Ford seems to be real d!cks lately about voiding the warranty and I dont want to fall into that problem.. Also let me add that I love this car to death, i wouldnt trade it for anything I believe it is the best mustang ever I just want it to stop TICKING!!! :shrug: If anybody can offer some words of wisdom i'd appreciate it...

Thanks
Dave

03DOHC

Established Member
If you're going to take your car into a dealer for some major warranty work I'd remove all my mods. Especially if you aren't familiar with them.

I started using Amsoil 0w-30 and the tick is much quieter now. I know it's not fixed, but I can avoid taking my car into the dealer for a little while longer now since it's not as loud and annoying as it was with the Mobil 1. The last time I took it in the master tech told me it wasn't loud enough to fix yet, that was BS, and he said I'll be taking a chance they could mess something else up by working on my car.:uh oh:

03cobratech

Established Member
LOL, thats reassuring when the shop foreman tell you by his shop working on your car you're taking a chance on them F@cking it up.... Im gonna try the 0w30 oil, even if its a slight difference it sooo annoying...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread