My terminator vs GT, win without racing

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
I merged onto a main 2 lane road by my house today and ended up right next to an 04 GT. So I pull up next to him going about 40 and drop it into 2nd. He hears me downshift...looks over at me and yells..

Him: You are absolutely crazy if you think I'm racing you!
Me: Why not? I'm bone stock!
Him: REALLY?!?
Me: No, not even close..good choice.

Pulled over into a parking lot and talked to him for awhile, ended up being a pretty cool dude. And a wise choice on his part, haha.

slow08GT

Lowly GT *****
Established Member
What next...a mini van full of kid's. Should'nt you be out looking for something a little more substantial to challenge? jk

You won on a walkover or had a bye this round. Was the GT modded at all?

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
Just out driving around having fun man, nothing serious. Obviously we both knew there wasn't much of a race there.

He was stock except for all the common bolt ons, exhaust, intake, etc.

Now the minivan I might have to break out my driving shoes for.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
I merged onto a main 2 lane road by my house today and ended up right next to an 04 GT. So I pull up next to him going about 40 and drop it into 2nd. He hears me downshift...looks over at me and yells..

Him: You are absolutely crazy if you think I'm racing you!
Me: Why not? I'm bone stock!
Him: REALLY?!?
Me: No, not even close..good choice.

Pulled over into a parking lot and talked to him for awhile, ended up being a pretty cool dude. And a wise choice on his part, haha.

:nonono:

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
Apparently you don't like to mess around with other stangs you see on the street? I'm not saying full blown racing, but if the speed limits 55 and you do a short pull from 40-60, whats the problem? It's called having fun, do a couple short pulls..smile, give each other a thumbs up and then on your way. Not everythings a serious race.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member

^ Well I really dont know what the hell that was for, :shrug: but this is a funny story. It is nice to mess around with other Mustangs. In fact last night my buddy and I were driving around in our 04 Cobra's when I notice this Newer GT coming up fast from behind me. He gets to the side of my car and I hear him drop a gear. I look over at him and he is grinning :D, So I drop it into second and away I go! He comes up to me and goes, "Man is that an 03-04? That is a nice car!" I said thanks and gave him a :thumbsup: and kept cruising. To the OP great story and its always nice to talk to another member of the Mustang family. :rockon:

slow08GT

Lowly GT *****
Established Member
Just out driving around having fun man, nothing serious. Obviously we both knew there wasn't much of a race there.

He was stock except for all the common bolt ons, exhaust, intake, etc.

Now the minivan I might have to break out my driving shoes for.

Depends on how many kids it's hauling. I think you'll be safe, just don't miss a shift. There used to be a turbo'd 4 cyl. Dodge mini van that ran mid 12's at our track. It was really ugly and appeared stock, how bad would it be to get beat by an old beat up caravan.

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
^ Well I really dont know what the hell that was for, :shrug: but this is a funny story. It is nice to mess around with other Mustangs. In fact last night my buddy and I were driving around in our 04 Cobra's when I notice this Newer GT coming up fast from behind me. He gets to the side of my car and I hear him drop a gear. I look over at him and he is grinning :D, So I drop it into second and away I go! He comes up to me and goes, "Man is that an 03-04? That is a nice car!" I said thanks and gave him a :thumbsup: and kept cruising. To the OP great story and its always nice to talk to another member of the Mustang family. :rockon:

Yea man that's what having a mustang is all about, I'm always talking with other stang owners. That picture in your sig is pretty cool by the way.

Depends on how many kids it's hauling. I think you'll be safe, just don't miss a shift. There used to be a turbo'd 4 cyl. Dodge mini van that ran mid 12's at our track. It was really ugly and appeared stock, how bad would it be to get beat by an old beat up caravan.

Haha now that would be a swift kick in the nuts. I bet that guy has hurt plenty of peoples feelings.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Yea man that's what having a mustang is all about, I'm always talking with other stang owners. That picture in your sig is pretty cool by the way.

Haha now that would be a swift kick in the nuts. I bet that guy has hurt plenty of peoples feelings.

Yea man exactly! Thanks bro!

Freakingstang

Established Member
that's pretty cool.

I merged onto the freeway this after noon and i was gettin it, to merge with traffic and all. There was an 07-08 gt in the left lane when i got over. he sped up, got beside me and dropped a gear, and hung there for a minute.

I looked over, gave him a big chit eating grin and hammered it up to 75 and let off. He pulled in behind me and we cruised down the highway like normal adults, not some puke kids.

When my exit came, a pressed in the clutch and gave him the 32v salute, he did the same and had the thumbs up out the window.

It was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread