My Terminator is Totaled.

mousetom78

Established Member
Another thing I learned, I had progressive for 8 years and I switched to State Farm 6 months ago because I get multi-policy discount along with my house insurance. Their insurance is SLOW. It took them 3 days to come out to look at car. There is no assigned claim rep. You call into some call center. Some of them have poorest customer service you can speak to. They will try to dick you around with used parts. Agent will talk to you but they are a joke can't do shit.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow, this sounds all too familiar.

I would sue him, then after the trial, kill him.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Wow - Sorry to see this. I am very trusting with people but this is an eye opener. Hope it works out for you.

This thread is really pissing me off. Sorry to hear Mousetom78. WTH is wrong with people who think they have a fricken right to take a guy's car out when its being dropped off for them to be worked on. I'm just amazed these days how reckless some people are with other people's possessions. A 500hp car can be overwhelming or dangerous if a person has never driven one. I remember mine own lessons after learning to drive my Cobra again after I pullied it. You should definitely sue this guy. Don't let him get away with this. He had no business taking the car out. Its these type of stories that make me not leave my car with anyone because people are so gawd damn stupid these days.

Last edited:

mousetom78

Established Member
He lost control supposedly, jumped a curb. Thats why the wheels are pushed in and the curb teared the K member and pushed the K-member into the main frame rail. He hit some small tree after he jumped the curb. He left the car at middle of Mount Airy main street over night until police towed it. Didn't call me till next day. Say I got into a "minor" wreck just bumper and hood. I took his ass to police because police wouldn't release the car at tow lot cuz accident. He did gave me $1200 dollars to cover my deductable so he is trying to butter me up so I wouldn't sue his ass. He will cover me all loses he say if insurance can't do it. On top of that, he lost of my keys after he left accident.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
this thread is really pissing me off. Sorry to hear mousetom78. Wth is wrong with people who think they have a fricken right to take a guy's car out when its being dropped off for them to be worked on. I'm just amazed these days how reckless some people are with other people's possessions. A 500hp car can be overwhelming or dangerous if a person has never driven one. I remember mine own lessons after learning to drive my cobra again after i pullied. You should definitely sue this guy. Don't let him get away with this. He had no business taking the car out. Its these type of stories that make me not leave my car with anyone because are so gawd damn stupid these days.

highly agreed. +100000000000000000

rexisme

Established Member
sorry about your loss..... however, this goes to show that the old saying.... "you get what you pay for" still holds true. Doubt this would of happened if it wasnt being done as a "side job".

mousetom78

Established Member
This thread is really pissing me off. Sorry to hear Mousetom78. WTH is wrong with people who think they have a fricken right to take a guy's car out when its being dropped off for them to be worked on. I'm just amazed these days how reckless some people are with other people's possessions. A 500hp car can be overwhelming or dangerous if a person has never driven one. I remember mine own lessons after learning to drive my Cobra again after I pullied. You should definitely sue this guy. Don't let him get away with this. He had no business taking the car out. Its these type of stories that make me not leave my car with anyone because are so gawd damn stupid these days.

I never really leave my car to anyone. Things have been crazy at work lately. It is a new job started 2 months ago. I was a off guard for leaving car. I always follow and "supervisor" anyone to work on my car. Sometime people will think that I am dick head or anal something if i ask, follow too many questions. Believe me, I will be anal on anyone working on my car from now on. I want to know WHO, WHAT AND FULL INSURANCE CHECK prior to work. No more side work for me unless I drive the car. I let someone to work on it but not drive it. I will be like NO BUSINESS insurance no driving car.

Last edited:

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
SUCKS. . . Let your insurance deal w/ it. They will try and recover via subrogation what they pay out and deal with the 3rd party aspect of the claim. You can not sue for general damages on a property damage claim.

mousetom78

Established Member
Here's the deal. I wonder what insurance pay out on our cars. It needs to have 75% of value. I honestly feel a 03 cobra under 20k miles should worth at least 25k. It needs to have 18k damage. I wonder at what point insurance would say car is total.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
Just letting you know if you wanted to keep the car i could fix it. I have fixed two cobras that were worse than that. One was a roll over and recieved a whole new roof and the other was a real bad head on colision that we had to replace from the firewall foward. It is very possible to do. I have a 2003 mach 1 im about to start on that is way worse than yours. It hit a parked car at 45mph. Oh and i have FULL insurance from flood to wrecking to fire.

wg.gif

fgh.gif

Sh!tstang

Established Member
So did they charge you for doing the touch ups? LOL j/k Dude that sucks.

mousetom78

Established Member
Just letting you know if you wanted to keep the car i could fix it. I have fixed two cobras that were worse than that. One was a roll over and recieved a whole new roof and the other was a real bad head on colision that we had to replace from the firewall foward. It is very possible to do. I have a 2003 mach 1 im about to start on that is way worse than yours. It hit a parked car at 45mph. Oh and i have FULL insurance from flood to wrecking to fire.

wg.gif

fgh.gif

To be honest, I want to see how much insurance want for buyback. I don't want to keep the car because it would never feel right for me to drive it no more. More likely I will try to part it out to recover my loss and make little money for my time and headache. I will keep you in mind.

Car has a bank lien. I have enough money to buy it back as salvage. However, I won't have money to fix it since it will be 15k or more to fix the car.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
Without getting under for a more exact estimate i would say it would be about 8k to fix. That would be a complete new front clip.

I dont know what you could get parting it out. But fixing it with a rebuilt title will loose about 3k in value. So with your mileage it would be worth about 24-28k depending on mods. Just something to think about. I like fixing cobras because it hurts to see them parted out and the rest junked when i can fix them.

Users who are viewing this thread