My Terminator is Totaled.

Wiseguy

Established Member
Statefarm Drp and Erie are good programs for policy holders and shops.:beer:

I used to be in the autobody repair industry for a large company on the east coast. Trust me Statefarm is WAAAAAAY better than progressive. Statefarm has extremely high quality standards and requires all sorts of certifications of the repair shops along with detailed inspection down to the exact factory specs on beads of caulk. Progressive on the other hand cuts corners, always trys to use junkyard parts, etc.

We actually used to fix the progressive vehicles all of the time because all of their unhapy customers used to vandalize them on a weekly basis!

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member

Erie FTW!!! Only way you will get a Cobra or any other performance car on Erie is if you add one to an existing policy though. I have been with them for 10 years and they have always been awesome.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member

Erie FTW!!! Only way you will get a Cobra or any other performance car on Erie is if you add one to an existing policy though. I have been with them for 10 years and they have always been awesome.

Wow, that's good to know. I've been with Erie for the cars & house since the 70's. I've stayed because I have a really good agent, that helps me when needed. Frye Insurance Agency.
I was thinking of moving the Cobra to Heacock since they gave me a great price as an occasional vehicle. I'm waiting to hear if they cover track events. Anyone ever use them?

And mousetom, I hope he's able to cover everything so you don't have any out of pocket, including loss of the potential sale. While the first instinct is to castrate him, how many of us haven't done something stupid, and were just lucky to get away with it.

Wiseguy

Established Member
This is from a repair, no shortcut,quickly done point of view. Lifetime warranty on body and 2years on mechanical. Even with dealer parts only giving us a year warranty. Fair value, rental,etc. is another issue.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Another thing I learned, I had progressive for 8 years and I switched to State Farm 6 months ago because I get multi-policy discount along with my house insurance. Their insurance is SLOW. It took them 3 days to come out to look at car. There is no assigned claim rep. You call into some call center. Some of them have poorest customer service you can speak to. They will try to dick you around with used parts. Agent will talk to you but they are a joke can't do shit.

Did you ever have a claim with Progressive? What State Farm does is completely normal with insurance companies. You initially call into a call center where someone will take your loss report and work on the claim, but they work on the claims as a team just due to efficiency for them as well as you (if each person had to be assigned the file for the loss they took you'd NEVER hear back from them due to volume) and it makes it easy so when you call in ANYONE who answers can handle your claim. Also, the people that are in the call centers are licensed adjusters, not some bum off the street they hired to answer phones. What they're doing seems pretty normal except for the poor customer service part.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
also, some companies will use auto listings to determine the local market value such as autotrader.com, cars.com, etc.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
It will get my insurance go up a little. Since I wasn't driver, it wont be at fault. Any claim will make ur rate go up including complensive claim.

That's incorrect, in most cases if you are not at fault, or if you are at fault but it was a small loss and have been a long time policy holder, your rates will not go up. The only time your rates will almost certainly go up if you are not at fault if you have repeated claims, in which case it will be a non-renewed policy, or if the insurance company pays out a large amount for your claim and cannot recover the money they paid out.

What they'll most likely do with the driver is pursue subrogation, which is payment recovery. After your claim is closed and paid out, they will go after that person, legally, to recover every penny paid out by them, including your deductible, so if he has already covered the cost of your deductible make sure you save any kind of proof of the transfer of money (i.e. copy of check, bank statement, etc.)

however, depending on how State Farm operates, they might have put him as a permissive use or implied permissive use driver since you handed over to him your keys, in which that case they would put that as an at-fault accident for that claim. You might want to check because that will have a great bearing on your rates if it is a total loss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread