My stroker notch vs 02 SS

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Well i been going to school since June(2004).Got my car finally back and tune about 1 month ago(1,000 miles).Anyway this guy has a 02 SSm6 gears,exhaust,lid,power tuner,and N20(150).So i drove my car today to school and afterwards we all talking and he comes up to me and says wants to race me.Well i was like trying to take it easy on the motor and he said I will be easy on you,and he wouldn't use N20.We bot have nittos drag radials also.So we went on back road all country not $hit out there we went 5 times 2 times from a stop and 3 times from a dig (30)miles per hr.Well lets just say I spanked his ass 2 times from a stop went from 0-120 had him about 3 buss lengths and 3 times from a dig 30-130 had him a least 2 buss lengths.Well we go back to the school and he was like what the f**ked do you have in there.I laugh and said i nicely built stroker motor.A couple of the guys that watch where saying damn you had your a$$ handed to you.So he wanted to run with his N20 I said sure 2 times 1 from stop and 1 from a dig.1 from a stop 0-120 pulled on him in 2 gear through 4 th gear had him about 3-4 car lengths.Then we went from 30-120 and pulled about 3 car lengths on him.Sorry long story had to share it.I have not ran it with new motor,but old motor ran 11.80's and 150 shot 10.50's.The car is a beast my wife has an 03 Cobra with some bolt on and my car simply pulls harder and hooks. :beer:

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
a dig and a stop are the same thing.

but yes it does sound like you have a beast of a car. Please elaborate on the setup

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Dart block with 347 stroker kit 11.1 compression, comp cam xe 282, 1.6 RR, AFR 185's heads (58cc) Edlebrock performer 2 intake(everything has been portmatched)75mm throttlebody,80mm pro-M, 3.5 powerpipe,30lb inj, 255 fuel pump, aeromotive(fuellines,fuel rails and adjustable fuel reg)twin electric fans 3 core alum radiator, spec stage 2 clutch tremec TKO 600 tranny alum flywheel,alum drive shaft 33 splines aburn posi(4.10) gears, welded in battle boxes subframe connectors(welded) upper and lower control arm(Hotckis) new shocks(Koni adj) coil over in front ,Tub K member batt relocated to trunk.Long tubes headers X pipe flowmasters dumps (3 inches all they way back).Msd dist,coil,box and wires.And i have a 150 shot of N20 setup (but haven't use yet on this motor).Bottle empty and in garage.I prob forgot a few things but the car weighs 2863 with 1/2 tank of gas in car.

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Thanks!Yeah I thought about going 408.A friend of mind has a nice built 408 in his 88 coupe and runs low 11's on motor.He dynoed almost the same as I did.

Users who are viewing this thread