My stock clutch took a dump and I need advice on a new one!! HELP!!

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Well my clutch finally gave in and now its time for a better one.

It is embarissing to drive. Sounds like a squealing pig and a crying baby under my car.

So I want a better clutch but yet I dont want something thats going to cost me an arm and a leg.

I dont want to spend more then $300 lol.

So what are my options??

Thanks,

Dave

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
What are your mods and goals?

My setup for aggressive Eaton track duty:
Spec 3+
Spec steel flywheel
Spec TOB
Liberty 26 spline input shaft
McLeod TOB retainer sleeve

I get excellent street manners and a clutch that performs very well at the track.

CobraKid04

Established Member
save some more money and get the spec 3+ and resurface your flywheel. If you can't resurface you flywheel thats another 300. If you install it yourself you will save another 500 or more. I did a spec 3+ and resurfaced my flywheel and it cost me around 1200 with install. Don't cheep out it's you terminator, just drive your bike for a while until you have your funds. (if that’s your bike in the avatar).

cheapest spec 3+ ( http://www.lmperformance.com/19082/50.html )

Mike

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
save some more money and get the spec 3+ and resurface your flywheel. If you can't resurface you flywheel thats another 300. If you install it yourself you will save another 500 or more. I did a spec 3+ and resurfaced my flywheel and it cost me around 1200 with install. Don't cheep out it's you terminator, just drive your bike for a while until you have your funds. (if that’s your bike in the avatar).

cheapest spec 3+ ( http://www.lmperformance.com/19082/50.html )

Mike

Thats what ive been using this whole week, my bike. But when it rains it really sucks ass. I was looking at the spec stage 3. But when I do change my clutch, I am planing on doing it at the shop on my day off. So I have one day to get it in and out. So I am going to have to find a machine shop that will resurface my flywheel within the same day. I have no idea how I am going to pull this off in one day.

CobraKid04

Established Member

I'm sure it will be a fine choice but, it will not have the same street manners as the 3+. As far as the flywheel a machine shop will be able to resurface it as long as it's not to F***** up. I guess you could by a new flywheel and if the old one can be resurfaced, you can send it back. Also get the feeplay mod, fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant and maybe a ford TOB(spec's suck). :beer:

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
I'm sure it will be a fine choice but, it will not have the same street manners as the 3+. As far as the flywheel a machine shop will be able to resurface it as long as it's not to F***** up. I guess you could by a new flywheel and if the old one can be resurfaced, you can send it back. Also get the feeplay mod, fiore firewall adjuster and quadrant and maybe a ford TOB(spec's suck). :beer:

whats a good flywheel?? Because when it comes down to it. I am going to have to drive the Cobra to work (the shop) and that will be my only source of transportation for the day. So I want to gather everything and get it all so I dont have to make trips or nothing.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
REDFIREKNIGHT,
I think I have an extra FW in my garage. You can get it resurfaced and have it ready when you change the clutch. Just give me back your old one.
Look at the Lethal webiste at the Fidanza clutches. They are under $300 and are becoming very popular with good feedback from people including me.
I have the Fidanza 4.3
I'm currently out of town till Saturday but will verify when I get home.
How soon do you want to do your clutch?

CobraKid04

Established Member
^^^ If this doesn't workout( hope it does) then fidanza flywheels are what most roll with.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
REDFIREKNIGHT,
I think I have an extra FW in my garage. You can get it resurfaced and have it ready when you change the clutch. Just give me back your old one.
Look at the Lethal webiste at the Fidanza clutches. They are under $300 and are becoming very popular with good feedback from people including me.
I have the Fidanza 4.3
I'm currently out of town till Saturday but will verify when I get home.
How soon do you want to do your clutch?

well now i am stuck between Fidanza and Spec. So if anything I will order the clutch friday or saturday and I will install it next saturday. That will be a good idea. Thanks, just p.m me and we will tlk about it more. Thanks man

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
well now i am stuck between Fidanza and Spec. So if anything I will order the clutch friday or saturday and I will install it next saturday. That will be a good idea. Thanks, just p.m me and we will tlk about it more. Thanks man

I'm almost positive I have the FW in the garage. I will let you know tonight for sure and I'll get it to you over the weekend.
You can drive my car and see how you like the Fidanza if you want.
I'll PM you my cell #.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I do have the FW.
I'll be gone till early afternoon today.
Give me a call so we can get the FW to you today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread