My speedo, radio etc stopped working?

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
My speedo, interior lights, and radio stopped working. Also my lock door switch wont go down? Any ideas guys. It all happen when I cut my hood light wire so that i can put my cowl hood. I went to check the fuse box And they all look fine.

Your help would be appreciated :)

stangbanger856

Established Member
You deff poped a fuse when you cut the wire. The wire cutters arched the wires when you cut them and it deff took out some fuses. Cheack all fuses not just the onea that should be bad.

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
I had that happen once. Check fuses under the dash. Can't remember what the slot number was, but I do remember it was a 10 amp fuse.

Sent from Tap-A-Junk

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
I had something similar to this happen to me in a honda i used to drive. I thought my altrenator and battery was going bad. I ended up having a dead short.

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
Thanks guy im off work already so im gonna check both my. Hood fuse box and the inside under the dash!

mustangsvt281

Established Member
Thanks guy im off work already so im gonna check both my. Hood fuse box and the inside under the dash!
Yea sounds like a popped fuse, i believe there are two fuses that contorl all those functions. Have fun looking under the dash too, that is the biggest pain in the ass in my opinion because im 6' 2"

mustangsvt281

Established Member
^^ im 6'0 lol ! Do you happen to know what 2 fuses?

no i dont i believe there are only 18 fuses under the dash and the black cover should have a couple replacments in it(atleast mine does). Check the owners manual. If you dont have an owners manual i could check mine.

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
no i dont i believe there are only 18 fuses under the dash and the black cover should have a couple replacments in it(atleast mine does). Check the owners manual. If you dont have an owners manual i could check mine.

Thanks I just went over them all again and I guess I miss one and it was burn-___- it was a red number 10:banana:

Last edited:

9svt8

Bleeds Ford Blue
Established Member
Thanks I just went over them all again and I guess I miss one and it was burn-___- it was a red number 10:banana:

Yep, that was the one, lol...at least I had the 10 amp part right. Now when/if that should happen to you again, you know exactly where to look.

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
Yep, that was the one, lol...at least I had the 10 amp part right. Now when/if that should happen to you again, you know exactly where to look.

Ya your post was the one that made me look at the 10amp lol:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread