My Spec clutch stage 3 review

JMBLOWNWS6

Established Member
Well I can honestly say my Spec clutch is great. Some chatter is present but I am breaking it in. And when I say some chatter on a scale from 1 to 5 (1 being the Lowest 5 being the highest) I give it a 2. Used the stock flywheel (Resurfaced and cleaned) and everything TQed to spec. Took it off the lift and it holds and drives great. Now mind you this is only 25 miles of driving, But so far but I was impressed. I have installed about will say 15 to 20 Specs and this one is right on. Just thought I would share with you guys. Getting prepared for the whipple thrashing so Im am taking care of the driveline now. :rockon: BTW: Its pretty dam easy to do the clutches in these cars. Only two items that kind tested my patience was the bracket that holds the wiring on top of the bell housing and the dam top starter bolt. But they just took a little time. :burnout:

JMG

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
I have a Spec 3+ with 550 miles and would echo this review. Like it a lot so far and would buy again as it seems to be a great product.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have a Spec Stg 3 and got lucky to.. Except I had zero chatter, and it's as smooth as can be..

rtvickers

Established Member
I know the spec 3+ is an awesome clutch. But Im looking for a review on the spec 3. Im still on the fence between the two.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I'm ordering the Spec 3+ and 26 input spline set up soon. Did you guys go with the Spec Alum Flywheel, stock flywheel or other?

scotts99snake

Established Member
I am glad to read this. I just installed a KB 2.6H on my car and have a spec stage 3 and 26 spline input shaft waiting to go in after the car is tuned. How does the pedal feel? Is it super heavy?

Users who are viewing this thread