my son made me proud yesterday

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
No he didn't enlist...he's eleven months old. My wife and I were at a wedding reception. Beautiful day, outside reception, and we brought our son's favorite little push toy. He was wobble-walking along and almost made it to the grass when he took a spill on the sidewalk in front of the church. Got his first skinned knee and just looked at it for a bit as it bled onto his shorts. Then grabbed his push toy and kept on trucking without ever making the slightest bit of fuss. An 86 y/o USMC WWII veteran was watching all this when he walked up to me and said, "someday that boy will make a damn fine Marine." That was all he said and walked on. I was pretty proud of my little guy!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
thata boy!! congrats man.. My little man is 11mnths old and we are waiting for him to walk. I'd be proud to if a WWII veteran came up to me and said that too :thumbsup:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
kudos to him. MOST kids however, wouldn't make half the fuss they do after a spill if mom or dad didn't make a fus first LOL

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Tuff lil kiddo

And the Marine comment fits... just looking at the wound not knowing why he is bleeding.

... If you cant tell, I am joking about Marines being dumb, I have alot of respect for Marines.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
lol, cool story. I'm sure that'll be one he enjoys hearing/telling later on down the road.

Ironhand

Banned
I love the older vets! They have such a unique way of putting words. Even the simpliest things can mean the world to you..

Always Faithful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread