My Sneaky Snake

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
These are posted in the terminator section too, but they probably belong on the "buffet".

new03r2_u.jpg

new03r4_u.jpg

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Yeah...I thought the same thing when the 03 splitter came out.

But I'm not crazy about the way it works. I think it just tapes on basically. I wanted one that was quickly removable, and the OEM stuff was all that would fit that bill. Plus I got tired of waiting for a whole year! :D:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
That's cool dr svt. Too each his own. :beer:

But for the record, it isn't modelled after the "R" Wing...it IS an "R" Wing. And I was more concerned about function than appearance.

It is the only wing I could find that REALLY works. They say the Saleen Wing (or is it Steeda? The one that stick really far out on the sides) works pretty well, but not as well as the real deal.

This setup makes the car stick very well at speed. I mean you can feel it at 85mph, and it feels awesome. I was saying in another thread that I don't get pushed around by the air off rigs on the highway since I installed this stuff.

dr svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
That's cool dr svt. Too each his own. :beer:

But for the record, it isn't modelled after the "R" Wing...it IS an "R" Wing. And I was more concerned about function than appearance.

It is the only wing I could find that REALLY works. They say the Saleen Wing (or is it Steeda? The one that stick really far out on the sides) works pretty well, but not as well as the real deal.

This setup makes the car stick very well at speed. I mean you can feel it at 85mph, and it feels awesome. I was saying in another thread that I don't get pushed around by the air off rigs on the highway since I installed this stuff.

Yeah dont get me wrong the car rocks solid ass all the way.
Id never put down a cobra!
But i am from an Anti Rice forum and that wing is instilled in my mind as rice...
Please dont be offened in anyway..Picture it in your mind without the wing:rockon: :rockon: :coolman:

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
"sneaky sneak sir!"

Actually an R hood would make that car look even better IMO. The only thing on the wing that catches me as "ricey" is the silver on the sides of the wing. Maybe the same color of the car would eliminate that look?? Again just MO.

Nice looking car man

03cobrarocks

Established Member
that is awesome that is what i wanted to do to my 03 torch red coupe until i saw the steeda wing on a 03.

I am torn between saleen and steeda wing

but your car is awesome i think it looks badass with the stock 03 hood cause it still lets 03 owners know that its a 03 if they cant tell from other stuff.

but dude that is sweet all you need now is some 18x10 rims and you are set......maybe some nitrous.....and maybe....

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Ive seen that wing on so many GTs with a catback, its good to actually see it on a car that has the ****in balls to back it up. I wouldnt change a thing. Some think its rice but Cobra Rs are definatly not rice. And when u have a car that can go to 160mph in like 22 seconds(judging by vids ive seen on this site) or so you need all the downforce you can get. Ur car rocks bro.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
Copperhead, I told you once, and I'll tell you again. I LOVE THAT CAR:thumbsup: The pics do it no justice, it's way better looking in person.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Thanks Everyone.

Nordi...it looks like there may be another Dragon run soon. Stayed tuned!

I originally planned on painting the side plates too. I've gotten so many conflicting opinions, I can't decide!

CobraRocks...I'm thinking an Apten and Nitrous too :D:

The reason I say Sneaky Snake is that very few realize it is an 03. Most think it is a 99 or 01 with an R kit. No one thinks its an 00R of course. No offense on 99's or 01's...I'd take one in an instant! But you get a lot fewer people wanting to race when they kow it is an 03. At least around here anyway!

They also think around here that cars that look dressed up are all show and no go.

Also, I get the Rice thing too. When I first put the wing on with out the front swap...I was sick. Wasn't happy at all. But once the front was on, it just made the whole thing look balanced I thought.

I wouldn't do a splitter on our cars without a functional wing of some kind. Likewise...I wouldn't want a functional wing without a splitter. Not becasue of looks only, but stability. A car is like a seesaw. When you push down on one end, you lift the other unless you push on it too.

Sorry about the book!

Users who are viewing this thread