My SHO got spanked by a 94-96 Cobra

SHO SPD

Established Member
Well, I was lines up at a light with a Cobra, I knew I wouldn't stand a chance, but I can't back down, so the light turns green, we both stomp on it, he pulled a half a car by the end of first, didn't pull any through second, but god damn when I hit third good-bye:cryying: he just pulles like two car lengths like nothin, but hey not too bad for a 89 SHO!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
One question...

Did the Cobra have the bulged hood and "nostril" scoops (and what color was it?)? If so, it was a '96-'98 and you have nothing to be embarassed about (305 factory HP). If it had a "flat" hood, i.e. no bulges or scoops, you were taken by a '94/95 which has close to your HP (240), but with a better rear-end ratio (3.08:1).

P.S. The rear bumper cover says "Mustang" on a '94/95 and "Cobra" on a '96-'98...:D

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
I recently got rid of my 96' Cobra and had a few chances against Sho's. The only time it was respectable was at the 20mph roll. You still probably made the guy wonder how a four door grocery getter was keeping up:rolling:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Oh dude, that SHO is killer! Where'd you get the hood? I sooo want a white or red MTX for my daily, but good luck.

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
I got the hood from from CincySho, who still messes up every order I give them! I'm amazed by the low coolant temperature after the hood installation.

SHO_2NV

Established Member
Well, welll, well, look at the familliar faces on here.:block: SHO SPD, I don't think you have anything to be embarassed about, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Hmmmm...
Well at any rate, what year G2 SHO had the upgrade brakes? Was it '93 or '94? I can't remember.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by SHO_2NV
I don't think you have anything to be embarassed about, it's like comparing apples to oranges.
I'll second that one...

I've "played" a few times with various SHOs. Most of the time, I think they just wanted to see the burnout when I get second gear :D.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yes there used to be a SHO section on here, but due to lack of traffic, it was axed :cryying:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
No gears, yet...

No, Ham, just your everyday 3.27s. The previous owner put $319.00 (each) Goodyear Eagle 315/35-17s on the stock 17X8 rims out back and they are WAY too wide for the wheel. I get alot of sidewall flex in turns and vertical stretch under straightline acceleration, which reduces grip - both ways. They were brand new when I bought the car (almost two years ago) and they are just now starting to show the "wear bars", after multiple burnouts :rolling:. This fall/winter I'll be replacing them with 275/40s of a different brand (still collating info about choices :D).

I haven't been to the track or made any mods other than K&N, Flowmasters and cosmetic ones (still under extended warranty), but I think I got one of the better '98s (which some truly believe are the fastest of the '96-'98 run due to the tweaks the engineers made to the computer, etc.) because I have smoked all forms of stock GTs (including a Bullitt), '89 Saleen, '99 Saleen, multiple LT1s, hung neck-and-neck with LS1s, and can catch rubber in third at 80 (if I get a great 2-3 upshift - NOT powershifting). A guy I work with drives a '00 WS6 T/A A4 and he's been in my car and claims mine "feels" faster (and won't race me :D)...

P.S. I posted two low res pics on the "show some pics" thread on roadside.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
"Tell us how you do"...DLR

Originally posted by Blackgeetee
Hey Jim you gotta take it to the track and see how she runs. Let us know....
Already planning on it, just after I get her some new shoes and the weather cools down, a bit. I'll probably do some minor maintenance (plugs and wires, fuel injector cleaning, etc.) too, just to make sure she's at the top-of-her-game...she is gettin' a bit old, I just turned 40K on the clock. :D:D:D

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Cool. I'll try to send some of this colder weather down your way. (It's 45 and raining hard right now, miserable!).

I have 50K on the clock now. When mine was around 40K, I also replaced the plugs and wires. I also had to replace the fuel filter around that time also as the check engine light came on and the engine ran rough. I was hoping to get to the track before winter hit, but winter seems to be coming darn early this year. If not, next Spring I guess...

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I've said it in other threads Jimbo, but my '01 feels stronger than my '99, even though they're supposed to have the same power and everything. I won't have mine at the track anytime soon (at least not to run it). I do plan to get the ol' 2 chambers and k&n before too long, and thinkin about a steeda tri-ax (my dealer said that wouldn't do anything to the warranty). I like being able to bark in third (at any RPM over 3000, no powershifting), cause for some reason in the '99, even with the pro 5.0 shifter, I had to powershift to even chirp third.
I think my particular '99 was just a dud, cause other guys on here are getting better time than I did with less effort. The Ford records showed that it had been fixed, but I'm beginning to think that maybe it wasn't so FIXED after all.

Users who are viewing this thread