My roush keeps cutting off at high rpm?

ajnasrah20083

Established Member
I tried searching for it, but no luck. I got this thing a few days ago, and check engine light was on. I plugged in the computer and it said the fuel rail sensor was bad, so i put a new one in. The thing it is doing, it drives regularly when you are cruising in low rpm. Yesterday, I really wanted to see what kind of power it has, so I downshifted into 2nd, and punched it (great power btw :rockon: ).. It stayed 'til around 5500 rpm, then all of a sudden the car starts jerking as if you suck at driving stick, and then keeps de-accelerating and eventually cuts of, i let go of the gas pedal immediately, and keep trying to get it back on track by trying to rev it a little, but still no luck. I turned the car off, and started it back on. Started with no hesitation, and drove regularly again. So i figured i would try it again, i did the same thing, and the same result happened. I did some research and see that the fuel pump could be bad? Why only at high rpm when you are "Getting on it"? The supercharger is the regular roushcharger from factory, so they should already have a upgraded fuel pump ( I could be incorrect). Even from a dig, you come to a complete stop, and punch it, and as soon as it gets into the high rpm, it cuts off. Any help is appreciated, also, is it a common problem for the pullies to bust on these? It's a 03 Mustang supercharged classic roush, if that helps a little

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread