My R32 Skyline GT-R

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Awesome car. As I have already said I'm a huge GTR fan boys lol. So not trying to sound like a dick but is the car fast? I know you had a procharged cobra, is the GTR just as fast or slower? Any plans of having it dyno'ed?

Oh it's most definitely slower than my Cobra was lol. My GTR is probably pushing about 320 hp at it's current state. It's got 280bhp from the factory but the motors were underrated. I've got a full exhaust, intakes, and boost controller so should put me around 320 or so. Bigger turbo/turbos are key to open up the power of the RB26.

^^ agree. Im a self proclaimed GTR fan boi.

Sick car!

Id take a 32, 33, or 34 ANY DAY of the week.

Thank you, me too!

Very nice!

Thank you!

Beautiful R32 GT-R OP!

OP's Cobra had ~550rwhp. And IIRC his GT-R is mostly stock, and I think they came with something like 275hp at the crank? So probably not.

Thank you, pretty close, Japan had a "gentleman's agreement" to not rate any of their cars over 280bhp, but a lot of them were more powerful, like the TT Supra and TT RX-7. The GTR has a restrictor pill in the vacuum line to the stock boost solenoid to limit the boost to stay under the 280hp agreement. Simply removing that takes it to about 300hp.

I'd compare a stock car to something like an STI or EVO, maybe a tad faster? Although I haven't dyno'd mine yet, some people who did are getting around 280 to the wheels? Give or take I guess. Which confirms that they were underrated from the factory.

Exactly, a guy named Doug DeMuro on jaloponik had a GTR and dyno'd it with only and exhaust and it made 281awhp.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Saw one just like this on a trailer yesterday or Wednesday out near Richmond International Airport being pulled by a white pickup. Wasnt you, was it?

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Saw one just like this on a trailer yesterday or Wednesday out near Richmond International Airport being pulled by a white pickup. Wasnt you, was it?

Nope wasn't me, but there is a big import dealer in Richmond called Japanese Classics LLC that sell them all the time.

This was me when I got mine back in September...

[video=youtube;vGUXZayBnb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGUXZayBnb4[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread