My ported 03 head pics...

XR8TED285

Established Member
DSC00771.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00769.jpg
[/IMG]

Al pappito valvetrain, bronze guides and ferrera valves soon to come...

Fourcam330

Established Member
Looking good Dave. Nice work! I smell the start of another 400rwhp+ N/A 4.6 :rolling:

Tide612

Banned
i have talked to several engine builders and they say taht porting and polishing our heads doesnt do much for the cars for the money you spend. Just my 2 cents

04torchred

Established Member
Tide612 said:
i have talked to several engine builders and they say taht porting and polishing our heads doesnt do much for the cars for the money you spend. Just my 2 cents

Maybe not, but every little bit counts. Look at cylinder head flow numbers before and after porting. You may not gain a bunch more cfm's, but you increase flow velocity and smoothness, plus get better flow over all. Too many people that own 03/04 Cobras are spoiled because they can get so much extra power from just a blower swap. I think you will start seeing a lot of people touching the heads, just like many are starting too with the cams. There really isn't much to do after you swap blowers.

Many people also say headers are not worth it for these cars, do you believe that?

ModsAway

Established Member
04torchred said:
Maybe not, but every little bit counts. Look at cylinder head flow numbers before and after porting. You may not gain a bunch more cfm's, but you increase flow velocity and smoothness, plus get better flow over all. Too many people that own 03/04 Cobras are spoiled because they can get so much extra power from just a blower swap. I think you will start seeing a lot of people touching the heads, just like many are starting too with the cams. There really isn't much to do after you swap blowers.

Many people also say headers are not worth it for these cars, do you believe that?

Good point, it really just depends where you are in the modding process to determine whether one of the more "extreme" mods are worth it. If you haven't done CAI and exhaust why do the blower swap... Hey I think I get it lol.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Tide612 said:

Same thing I heard, but I had modularperformance do it anyway. Hey those pics look pretty good, shiny like a new nickle. :thumbsup:

XR8TED285

Established Member
Well I am not forced induction this is a n/a-n20 motor so heads is a must.. The car however will make 700 rwhp I am sure.. 40- 50 rwhp gains can be made no problem on a good set of mild ported heads I do not see how that would not be a priority.. Here is a famous quote from one of the worlds best cylinder head porter/Engine builders "cylinder heads may not rate a high priority as far as the master plan of the universe is concerned. But if your goal is to build a high-output motor for the street or track,Then they certainly must move to the number one spot.. David Vizard

04torchred

Established Member
XR8TED285 said:
Well I am not forced induction this is a n/a-n20 motor so heads is a must.. The car however will make 700 rwhp I am sure.. 40- 50 rwhp gains can be made no problem on a good set of mild ported heads I do not see how that would not be a priority.. Here is a famous quote from one of the worlds best cylinder head porter/Engine builders "cylinder heads may not rate a high priority as far as the master plan of the universe is concerned. But if your goal is to build a high-output motor for the street or track,Then they certainly must move to the number one spot.. David Vizard

Well put and I agree with you 100%. I think they are even important for a forced induction street car. Good luck with your engine build up!

XR8TED285

Established Member
Free for me lol...That sucks I know a percentage of the fastest mod cars in the world have ported heads except our own JimsSvt who has gone faster on a stock 98 N/A longblock then most guys with built motor and blowers, cant forget factory stock guys either ..Again this is not your typical kenne bell 03 cobra motor this is a N/A motor

Last edited:

XR8TED285

Established Member
Heads are now for sale they are sitting @ R.M.I waiting to get flowbenched and I am gonna mill them .010 cause a little knick on the face from shipping . I need some cash for my fuel system and personal bills like me getting my licence suspended and other dumb things..I am taking offers I would like to get 1300 plus core.. Heads are just like new.

Users who are viewing this thread