My poor, poor engine...

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Hey guys, it appears that some way or the other I have blown a head gasket or had some other kind of "pull my motor out and tear it apart" problem. Something went very wrong because it grenaded at 2500 rpm on the interstate. Its a Pro-line/Promotion combo with a t-trim (11 lbs.) boost. Anyhow, when I bought the car, I was 28 and now, I'm 43. I have kind of realized that 400 rwhp is plenty for a fun weekend car and that is what the Cobra will stay. For a while now, I have started to get a kick out of the idea of a mid (425 rwhp) level auto car. With a blown engine, I have been kicking around the idea of a Mach 1 Auto drivetrain swap. So, that being said...if you had the entire engine, transmission, harness, computer, everything...how much of a nightmare is the Mach 1 Auto swap into a 98 DOHC car? What is gonna end up being the sticking points in such a job?

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Well I cannot tell you how bad the auto trans swap would be because I personally haven't done it. However I don't think it would be that much of a task if you had everything. The engine is simple if you are somewhat mechanically inclined. The only issues I ran into with the swap was the fuel rail needed modification, the IAC and TPS I believe need to be lengthened and the coolant crossover tube needs an extra bung welded into the I believe passenger side. Anyway, here's my "build" thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1029536-Mach-swap

Users who are viewing this thread