my poor me story

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
so i was at the track and had everything ready to go. i had just bought the lightning and was ready to race. it had already been modified and the guy had raced it before me so i was ready to see what i could do with it. so i get down there and throw on the slicks and get in line. i get matched up with a bike and i was stoked to see what i could do against it. i do the burn out and we stage hook up pretty nice off the line and away we go. about the eighth mile i see the bike out of the corner of my eye and i realize im not even floored yet. so of course i push it on to the floor. right after the shift into 3rd i feel it nose down and see all the smoke in the mirror. so i coast it in from the eighth mile and finish at an amazing 14.2@75mph. so the search for a new motor starts. i decide to go with JLP and order it. i am in the military and i am going to the white house to do communications so i re-enlisted to take the job and my bonus covered the costs. well i pay for 4 day air shipping to hawaii which was not cheap and then the fun started. somehow the shipping company got confused and put it on a train to washington state. lets not forget that im on a tight time schedule to leave hawaii and get to DC. so i call to track the motor and find out it is set to sail and i lost my head. so me and sue start trying to find away to get the motor here sooner and find a company to go pick it up in seattle. well when they got there we find out that the motor isnt in washington yet like they had told us. well finally the motor arrives here and i have the truck towed to the shop. and they start working on it 2 days after they told me they were going to start. and today i find out i need all new gaskets....how could i forget to order gaskets?? i guess i just got to busy, now im just scared more things are going to pop up. sure cant wait to get it up and running. JLP motor with stage 3 cams, KB, 8# lower, mafia, diablo sport, JLP tune, performance radiator and race fans... pretty exciting. ill let yall know how it turns out. wow that was a long story.

CSHEETS

Lightning no more
Established Member
Once you get it up and running, you might want to check the tune. I got the same set up from JLP with a tune. It was all messed up. I was running very lean on the low end and very rich on the top. It just something that you might want to look into. I know it is very hard to tune a truck without really seening what is up with it. You will be very happy with the JLP set up with the stage 3's.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
im putting in a wideband to make sure everything is safe. i forgot to mention the 60lbs injectors and dual pumps. if this thing goes boom i think i will have to cry.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
haha i went to the shop to look at the motor after they pulled it. it turns out there is a hole on either side. i guess i broke more than one rod huh.. well gaskets are on the way so by next weekend i should be back up and running. im gonna borrow my roommates camera and post some pics of my custom dash i did for the gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread