My plans.....

Shinigami

Established Member
I know this isnt the Mach1 section but since this area get more traffic, and our car are similar enough I thought I'd post here.

I currently have:
FRPP 4.10
FRPP rear cover
FR500 Chrome 18x9 front 18x10 rear
MRT 13.5in antena
K&N air filter
Silencers removed
MGW Shifter
SCT PRP
35% tint
Black pony in grill

Immediate plans(in under a month):
Bassani catted x-pipe
Borla Singer catback
Intake (MRT, C&L, or C&L Steeda mix) (I know JLT is best for power, but I don't like the Home Depot parts look (no offence to the guys that make it))
Intake Spacer

Future(2-4 months):
CobraBob gasket
Jon Lund Tune
03-04 Cobra mirrors
99-01 Cobra tails
Black fender horses

Plan, but not thought out yet:
Headers
Suspention
Rear ( I'll wait till it goes on me, I dont track race much and I don't run DR's)

How do my plans look so far? I'd love any input. The car is a daily driver so I don't want to do any large projects like a motor build, cams or heads. I am debateing in a coule of yrs (2 or so) doing an eaton swap, but keeping the boost low. I dont plan to EVER break 475, and my short term goal is just 300whp and a very nice driver.

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
So far midpipe and catback is a must, then it would be intake, intake spacer, and then LT's and get a tune. Our suspensions are pretty solid so you dont really have to worry about that since its your DD. Then you can get all the suspension such as springs, CC plates, Full length sub frames and so on.

Shinigami

Established Member
Well I plan to but the spacer, intake, and exhaust in the next day or 2 (CJ pony parts is having a sale), and I want Evolution to look at a persistant leak I'm getting in the rear, so I plan to also have them do the exhaust then. :)

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Install the exhaust yourself, it is easy. With the catback, midpipe, intake, spacer and a tune, you should be right at 300 to the wheels. I wouldn't do the cobra mirrors, taillights, or black emblems. I think you need a little contrast on the black paint. Plus, that's money that can go toward other parts that make you faster. But, to each his own. Sounds like a nice ride, any pics?

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I'd do the headers at the same time as the midpipe and catback. If you don't, your exhaust is going to go through its install twice. But I can understand the need to spread out the expenses.

Leave our tails alone. You have your shaker, we have our tails. LOL

01vert

Established Member
lots of money for a catted x and then having to dump it once you go to LTs. May want to wait on that if you are going to do the LTs any time soon.

Shinigami

Established Member
lots of money for a catted x and then having to dump it once you go to LTs. May want to wait on that if you are going to do the LTs any time soon.

I'm planning on Shorty headers, I odnt really want to be TO loud, most my neighbors are old peopel that like to call the cops a lot.

As for my image:
Day i bought it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2637334

the black pony: http://keithschwerin.com/images/machSig.PNG

on the dyno: http://tristatemuscle.com/images/dyno.JPG

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
buy used mid pipes, then sell them for what you paid for it. That's what I did, I basically had the Bassani catted pipe for free until I bought the Hooker longtubes and o/r x.

01vert

Established Member
Research the shorties before you buy, most here will say with a 4v they make zero difference in HP. Mids make only a little difference and long tubes seem to be the way to go if you want headers

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Research the shorties before you buy, most here will say with a 4v they make zero difference in HP. Mids make only a little difference and long tubes seem to be the way to go if you want headers

I can't find it, but I am certain that Richard Holdener did a series of tests in one of the magazines a couple of years ago that showed higher gains with shorties versus long tubes in supercharged applications. If anyone else can find it, or remember the month of the article, I will dig through my stacks of mags.

For NA, the general consensus is the long tubes are better than the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread