My paint needs some help

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
I have recently started working on restoring my mom's BMW 325i back to it's old glory, the only issue I have is what to do with this paint. The car isn't in the worst shape and I think I could wet sand most of it but there are a few areas that look like the clear coat is peeling. I read through allot of the posts and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for, any and all help would be appreciated.

This is the worst part, it's on both the drivers side and passenger side of the hood.

The trim is all faded and has wax all over it

The hood has a few scratches from someone sitting on it

I really would like to save the paint if at all possible, but it might be a little to far gone...I'm also not against a cheap paint job, but I don't have huge budget and am trying to save money where ever possible

Here is the wet sanding I did on the headlights, they turned out pretty good

Before

after (they are still a little foggy, but I'll fix that when I take them apart and wet sand the inside of the lens)

Last edited:

dbmach12004

SuperStar
Established Member
Should I just repaint??? I'm also dropping it with H&R sport springs and putting some 235/35/19's on to get the stance right, but all of this would be pointless if the car has a bullshit paintjob

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Doubt wet sanding will help the clear peeling. May ask a body shop if they can sand it rougher and then reclear it. May save a few bucks. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread