My opinion on some products....

Mystichrome#365

Established Member
First off let me say I am by far not a professional detailer and do not claim to be. I clean up my personal and friends car just as a hobby. So that being said I have been ordering cleaning supplies like crazy lately and have finally got to try some out. The first car is a 2006 mustang which has maybe been waxed 2-3 times in it's 80,000 mile life. It is mom's secondary garage car.

The second car is a 2008 Honda which was in relatively decent shape and just needed a good clay and wax coat.

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

On the Mustang I used Pinnacle Ultra Fine Clay with Pinnacle clay lube to start. No paint sealant as the car just hangs in the garage. I applied Son1c's Carnaubavore wax with a gold foam hand polish pad. I must say the wax goes the distance when applying. Also, it made the whole garage smell great! I did notice however it did seem a little difficult to remove by hand when not using a spritz. Could just be me because I am a heavy waxer. I used some quick detail to spritz the microfiber and it sped up the removal process drastically.

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

Now for the Honda, It was also clayed with Pinnacle Ultra Fine Clay. I wanted to try the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax. I used the same applicator as I did for the Son1c wax. I must say this stuff goes on easy but was extremely easy to remove even without using a spritz.
The headlights were yellowed pretty bad on the Honda and I clayed them and used some blue magic headlight restoration and a hand buffing pad. Then I waxed them with the Pinnacle.

IMAG0255.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

The weather was not the best outside for taking pictures especially when using my cell phone. Also, I used Pinnacle Black Onyx tire gel on both cars and I really like that stuff!

As for an overall review I do like both of these waxes. The pinnacle seemed a little easier to remove than the Son1c wax. I like the gloss and depth of both of these waxes and I will be doing my fullsize black z71 with the Carnaubavore within the next week. I like the fact that for a carnauba wax it offers a longer life than the other carnaubas.

I have 3-5 vehicles lined up to do still and once they are done I will post pictures into this thread!

RC-5.0

Established Member
Good job, it's hard to get the wow factor on light colors.

For sure...My car is Ingot Silver and looks great all the time. The Silver hides a lot of clear imperfections, but comes at a cost of not looking dripping when when polished.

Looks like you did a nice job, but looking at your stockpile of what looks like a lot of Walmart products, , I would say you could probably take your arm and swipe a bunch of those things in the garbage.

When I got my Adam's stuff, then started adding some other professional/semi-pro products, I got rid of all that stuff...right in the garbage. I figured no reason to save it.

This is most of my stash now:
Adams5_zpsbcb75b67.jpg

Oh, keep your Collinite and yeah, try some of those good Paste waxes..you'll love them.

GOOD LUCK!!
RC

Mystichrome#365

Established Member
So, for the next project I washed with dish soap of course. The clay barred with pinnacle ultra fine clay using pinnacle clay lube. For this one I wanted to try something i've heard a lot about. I used the Blackfire wet diamond paint sealant and man was I surprised. This stuff was a treat. I've always heard that a synthetic couldn't do what a carnauba can but that is no more with todays technology. I used this stuff on an old beat up heavy chevy and when the owner saw it his jaw dropped. On to the pictures.

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

:rockon:

SON1C

Established Member
Glad you are breaking it in, I will say that in colder weather it is not the easiest wax to work with simply due to its all natural formulation and the tradeoffs I made so that it can be applied in direct sunlight on hot black panels. If possible try to apply the wax thinner next application and use overlapping circular motions on removal -- if any difficulty spritz your MF with a QD or similar product

I am not sure if you have watched my application video, but it may help -- I hope it does!

SON1C Wax Carnaubavore - How to Apply Wax + Beading & Sheeting - YouTube

Hope this input helps as Carnaubavore is simply not your typical wax

I am currently developing waxes that haze in a traditional manner that will be easier, well effortless to remove.

Thanks again for using my wax!

Mystichrome#365

Established Member
Yes sir I do like your wax! Still can't get over how good it smells lol. I have been using some dodo juice spritz which helps remove it even in this cold weather. Once it warms up I will definitely have some pictures of a clayed, sealed, and son!c waxed vehicle up!

Users who are viewing this thread