My On3 Turbo Fox Project-Details,Pics and Vids Inside

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Ok so I've been wanting to put a thread up about my build and what I went through along the way just havent had time to upload all the pictures and type out the details. Plus I wanted to make a driveby and in-car video for all the people considering going this route.

So I originally started out with a 1991 Fobra with a V1 setup that was in dire need for a retune badly when I bought it. Car ran like ass and didn't make hardly any power(which we found out later was a worn Cam thrust bearing). So I tossed around the idea of going Turbo because I had always wanted a Turbo fox.

[youtube_browser]CGbgx9ITarg[/youtube_browser]

Well after much research I decided to take a chance on the On3 kit. I opted for the 70mm standard Turbo as it was all I needed. I had planned on 10psi from the get go from all the research and figures I had found. I received the kit in the mail a couple days later after pulling the trigger and it was off to the shop I chose to do the install and tune.
IMG_1376.jpg

The kits contents were very nicely shaped and had a nice sheen to them. The quality of the piping from what we can tell is fairly good for a budget kit. It appeared as if everything was there from the myriad of boxes, but in the end we only didn't receive the wastegate springs. If this was the biggest problem we ran into then we were in good shape lol Had an Aeromotive Stealth 340lph pump installed to handle the fuel side of things.

Once the kit was installed a few bad welds were found and had to be addressed, but other than that the kit has functioned great. The Ypipe piece is a nice fit off the downpipe and it set the angles perfectly for the catback. I chunked the Flowmasters and had Magnaflow mufflers welded in place as they are much more Turbo friendly.
IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

While the car was there I debated replacing the T5 due to a few bad synchro's and mesh gears with a T56 kit from D&D. In the end I decided to just have it gone through and freshened up to stick to budget.
IMG_1331.jpg

Upon buttoning everything up and attempting to start, the car wasn't seeing a MAF voltage from the Blow thru PMAS I bought from On3 when I had the flange welded on. Upon inspection it was deemed DOA as it had no signal even when blowing air through it. I replaced it with a Pro-M my tuner had and walla, she was running.
*On a side note I am currently attemting to get a 'refund' on that MAF since I don't need a replacement unit and I won't use that brand again regardless. My first conversation with On3 about this was "Positively for sure refund just mail it over and we'll call you". Now that it arrived they didn't call me and I called them to ask for a resolution and they said they are going to talk to PMAS about it since they are out of business now and it may take awhile. Red flag to me but hey I'm an honest guy and will update this as it plays out.

Once it got running it was time to tune.

[youtube_browser]CDi6pUCGJok[/youtube_browser]

Ran into a few problems concerning the nonexistant wastegate springs but finally got it dialed in with some on hand springs. Injectors (42's) were at 95% duty cycle on 12psi so Siemen Deka 60's were added to the mix.
The car put down impressive numbers to me especially at 12 psi. Honestly if this was a track only car I'd have kept it there and drove it till the block split. But, this is my weekend cruiser and I drive it on nice days to work and such so I wanted it to last longer than 12psi would have allowed it. On 12 psi she put down 555rw 535tq. I was astonished at the figures. I had him back it down to 10 psi and it put down a nice 483rw 493tq. This was a perfect medium for me in my mind. Here was one of the pulls:

[youtube_browser]grl1Xxees0Q[/youtube_browser]

Well I picked it up and had wheels, 10th anniversary seats, some gauges, and other little tidbits here and there ready to go on it once I got it home. I bought a pair of NT05R's 315/35 to go on the Chrome SSC Style 17x9/10's to handle the power and look good doing it. Here are some recent photos, the car has a new front clip and springs awaiting paint and install once I get the time.
IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

I made a video below for all the aspiring Turbo builders to see what a finished product looks like when using this kit. Take note I am not raping the gears but enjoying the drive lol Thanks to all the resources posted in this section and I hope this keeps you other guys builds motivated! :joy:

[youtube_browser]lGtVq82YLmI[/youtube_browser]

Shout out to Ron Bell at Bell Automotive in San Antonio for all the great work!

Last edited:

I8URLS1

Established Member
Saw your car at Ron's shop throughout the entire build. Glad it turned out well for you and Ron really knows his stuff.

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Saw your car at Ron's shop throughout the entire build. Glad it turned out well for you and Ron really knows his stuff.

Yea he's a boss when it comes to Foxes for sure. Shame he's so far away or he'd see alot more of my car lol

I8URLS1

Established Member
Yea he's a boss when it comes to Foxes for sure. Shame he's so far away or he'd see alot more of my car lol

Yessir he knows his pushrod stuff like no I else I know. Back when I had my fox body he tuned it to 536whp with a Novi 1220 and it never skipped a beat. Enjoy the car!

Last edited:

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
Nice setup we converted my brothers car to a c4 and it gets down with this kit

I wouldn't mind a 4R70W but I love controlling the action and highway pulls are my thing. In sure ill eventually want to go faster and an auto will be my only option :/

87PONYGT

Established Member
So it's been on the road for a few months now, How's it holding up? How often are you on the throttle hard? I'm thinking about ditching the YSI and going down the turbo road instead and this is one of the kits I'm lookin at

Users who are viewing this thread