My official 2003 cobra build

blwnblkgt

Established Member
So I'm building my cobra due to finding silver dust in my oil pan, so I got lucky I was waiting for the 5.3 stroker from ford racing but they kept pushing back the release date now there backed up till December , but mike at autonation informed me that fords warehouse still had a few 4.6 aluminators n/a with 10:1 compression. So I went ahead and bought and I will be also bolting a gen 2 tvs with id1000 and gt500 throttle body with 14-15psi pulley due to 91 octane gas. Hopefully I'll be close too 600whp

blwnblkgt

Established Member
nice! how much was the na aluminator? and what's the difference between it and the s/c version?

got it for 3500 dollars, the difference is that the na aluminators have a compression ratio of 10:1 and the s/c version has 8.5:1 compression

blwnblkgt

Established Member
Damn.....sucks you have to handicap the build with 91. Car would be nasty on e-85.

i wish i can afford e85 fuel upgrades after buying the tvs blower and then the short block then all the other small things you need stuff starts adding up fast. but right i live in florida my wife is stationed out in Panama city so ill be running 93 octane so Its little better than 91 . so my car right now is in ca after its done I'm gonna have AED tune it with 91 tho because i don't really know this area in florida who is good at dyne tuning around Panama city

Users who are viewing this thread