My notch vs 03Cobra

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Well my friend (Miller) got an 03 Cobra about 6 months ago.Well he has few bolton's.The weather has been real nice last couple of days here(Florida) low humidity and temps.So we left the gun range messing around for training purposes and he comes up to me and says lets go race.Well the road we use is nothing but lonely wooded highway.So we left and we ran from a dig and a roll .Both of us on drag radials.Well from a dig we took off and I hit 2nd gear and pulled 2 car then 3rd and pulled 4 car then I hit 4th and had like 8 car on him let off like 125 then we came to a roll at 30mph and honk 3 times well lets just say it was over quickly.This new motor 6 weeks old and 1000 miles on it a beast.I've had alot of cars from 01Camaro SS to 95Transam to 96Cobra to 6 mustang 5.0 and this car is sick.I haven't taken it to the track yet but I have ran a best of 10.68@127mph in old setup(before splitting block).I love new Cobras (wife has 03 DSG) but this car is sick it feels like 0-60 in 3 secs.I cannot wait to take it to the track run it on all motor 3 times and then hit it with 200 (N20).Sorry for the long post but this is the best money spent on this motor and love the new TKO 600 tranny.Just say it street legal and my neighbors hate me when I start it up.I get so many compliments in this car everywhere I go.I remember when I was first done with it I went to put gas in the car and this guy with his 2 teenage boys watching me when i pulled in and staring.I get out to pump and he says what do you have in that thing.I replied its stock 4 banger :lol: (no 5.0 badges + being a coupe with dumps)He looked and just nodded his head.:lol:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Nice run!
Got any pics of the car?
I love coupes. Didn't your old setup run 10.5's? I'm guessing on a hit? You gonna' spray this motor with a 255 and 30's? Sounds like you might be pushing your luck. :eek:
S.

Last edited:

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Yes got pics but don't know how to show.Not really a computer genious.Also I have duel fuel pumps(in and outer) .Also i'm using new plate kit design(for the edlebrock performer 2)adj from 150-300 + adj fuel press regulator.I'm not worry about pushing it (dart block horsepower cap is 2000)I don't think i'm pushing that.Yes you were right 10.58 sticky fingers.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I'm very familiar with the Dart block, but if you're running 129mph, I'm not sure how you can feed it with a little 30# injector. Most guys have problems with an intank 255 cavitating at that level and you must run some serious fuel pressure and 100% duty cycles to get enough fuel in it.
I thought I saw that you ran 10.50's in another thread. What flywheel and clutch setup are you using? I'm worried about the Spec 3 I have holding up to the Novi'd 327.
S.

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Remember my motor is N/A.I haven't use the nitrous on this setup yet.30 lbs inj capable of 500 horses for a N/A motor. I'm loking at getting bigger inj only if I need them.This is a street car.I drive it on weekends and nice days only.With over 425rwhp 440rwtq (2850) I really don't need N20 yet.When you seen 10.50's well that is what it was (10.58).As fly wheel a billet and for clutch using Mcleod.

91camaroRS

Established Member
Originally posted by Snorman
Nice run!
Got any pics of the car?
I love coupes. Didn't your old setup run 10.5's? I'm guessing on a hit? You gonna' spray this motor with a 255 and 30's? Sounds like you might be pushing your luck. :eek:
S.

yes pics pls or you could send them to me :rolling:

[email protected]

that is if you dont mind

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Ok i will try to get some and if i send them you can post them for me.Thanks 91 camaro RS!!

lxboy

Established Member
what motor set up do you have 425rwhp and 440 rwt, i am guessing a good HCI combo on a 347? and i love how you took the badges off. that is a fun trick, but if you have a 347 with dumps you really arnt going to fool anyone ha ha. lets get some pics

lxboy

Established Member
ohh ya and if you dont mind how did you lighten your coup to 2850lbs, i would like to get my car under 3000. ohh ya and if you live near tampa and would like to make some gas money get a hold of me please. i am currently going to college at University of south florida and my car is home in CT, so i am going through some serious stang withdrawl. i think a ride in a ten sec notch would cure me, haha

Users who are viewing this thread