My Nitto DR's lasted......

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
My Nitto 315 drag radials lasted about 10,000 miles. I've only been to the track twice an thought they might last a little longer... I think they still had life in them but there was a 4 inch wide bald strip in the middle and I failed safety inspection... I dont drive the car particularly hard and keep the pressure around 25psi. SO my question is to all of you that get 15-20,000 miles out of your Nittos, What can I do to get them to last longer?

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I have driven my car for about 6000 miles with the nitto DRs and I can't really tell they are worn that much. BUT I NEVER burnout? EVER

twhitey

Established Member
I would think 10k out of dr and you would be pleased? Not upset. That seems pretty good to me.

REDFIRE03SVT

Established Member
Well I am pleased, I think its pretty neat that I was able to drive around on the same set of drag radials for 10k miles... I've just heard of people getting nearly 20k miles out of them and was wondering if there are things people do differently than what I've done to get that long of a life out of their drag radials.

mrmustangman357

Established Member
what are the 315s mounted on? if they are mounted on a rim too narrow for the tire, the center will bulge out just like you describe.

ppl running 275 series tires on an 8" rim get the same problem

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've got 275/40 nittos mounted on the factory rear rim, and they're just about gone after three 1/4 mile runs (burnout before each) and about 5000 daily driven miles.

I'm going 10.5 rim and 315's next purchase :coolman:

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Well I am pleased, I think its pretty neat that I was able to drive around on the same set of drag radials for 10k miles... I've just heard of people getting nearly 20k miles out of them and was wondering if there are things people do differently than what I've done to get that long of a life out of their drag radials.

20K out of a DR? :eek:
I barely got to 10k on my 555DR's and like the OP said, had a wide bald spot right in the middle of the tires.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
10K on DR's is great IMO...Buy a set of MT's or BFG's and see what mileage you get...

exactly i have the 555r on the cobra and with 1k miles they still look new. Now i have the MT dr's on the L and after 1.5k they are half gone but man they hook when the rear end isnt one wheel peelin

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I have the 315 Nitto Drs mounted the right way on 10.5 inch rims out back...I have 5,000 miles on them and they look about 30% worn, I would say...only time will tell...Hell, 1 tire has 3 plugs in it, and the other has 1 in it, lol...

Users who are viewing this thread