My Nightmare... Silver Lining... Long

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
So it's been a really, REALLY crappy last couple of years Lightning wise. Of course I still have her but I'll admit I have been tempted...

Anyway so yeah, out of the last two years the L has been on the road maybe six months, she's a daily driver mind you. Most of the time it just sat because I had health problems but that's over.

So in Oct. of last year I was in the hospital and my truck was almost paid off. I owed $1000.00 which I know is alot, whatever. My bad. Here's the thing though, the bank never called, not once. Anyway they repossesed the truck and drove it to L.A. (4 hours away).

So I paid the $1000.00 and had my truck returned to me and when I got it back it was THRASHED. The front bumper was on the ground, the fog lights were gone, the window was left open in L.A. so the entire interior including roofliner and seatbelts are COVERED in mold, the MTX box is gone along with the amp, the tonnoeu (sp) is busted up, there are scratches everywhere... the list goes on...

So, of course I contact my insurance and throw a fit. Very long story short they do not believe me that the truck was in good condition when it was taken. They didn't take any pictures even though I have full coverage. So I jumped approx. 1 million hoops fighting with the bank, the tow company and the repossesion company.

Silver lining... 6 months after my nightmare starts I get a phone call from my bitch insurance lady and she tells me someone somewhere *accidently* let slip that they saw and remember the truck and that yeah it was in perfect condition when they got it. Score!

So now the truck is at the shop with over $6000.00 in damages and they are replacing the rims.

I need to find some stockers to put on now but I'm happy to FINALLY be getting her back. Honestly the entire time she sat there I could not even look at her, when I saw an L on the road I'd look away and get a sick feeling... I think most people would find that peculiar... you guys probably understand though... ;-)

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
Glad to hear everything is finally starting to go your way brother. I know from experience how much of a headache it is to deal with insurance companies because of an ordeal I had when I first turned 16 and started driving. Hopefully now when you get your L back and your out on the road that sick feeling will be replaced by a feeling of wanting to go fast!

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
sounds like things r turning around well good luck. i know when mine sat around for over a year till i got a better job and could build the blown motor I couldnt stand seeing other lightnings on the road

Tex Arcana

Established Member
Lesson to be learned:

HIDE THE ***KING TRUCK BETTER THAN THAT!! :eek:

Repo'd with only $1k owed!?!? Another lesson: contact everyone about illness, and document the crap out of it, including conditions of everything you own. ;)

Good you won against Da Man... I only wish we didn't hand them $850billion and let them all drown. :mad:

Last edited:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Naturally, you're getting another insurance company...right?

Jim

Heck no I loooove them!

Um yes, well actually strangely enough I got into an accident (not my fault, again, it's been a bad year) and a different division of the same company (esurance) handled it really well. But yes I will definatley be getting a new insurance company. I recommend you stay far, far away from esurance...

Oh btw I totally agree about the $1000.00 it is a substancial amount of money. I wish however that they had called. Either way it sucked for me and it sucks that 6k has to be payed out on a bill that was 1k... I guess the body shop wins! :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread