My next deatil plan.....

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Well I have bought some new things and am planning on trying out some products. I have some light swirls but not many since I have used OC and SSR 1 on the last detail, I am mainly wanting to try some new sealants. Ok here it is

Optimum polish w/ white LC pad (I have used optimum compound but not this)
Red Machine Glaze w/ black finessing pad (I have used it before but not in a while)
UPP w/ blue finishing pad, probably 2 coats after the first cures.

Let me know your opinions, I just want to try something different. Oh and can I get one of those svt detailer sigs?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
JebTonkin said:
Well I have bought some new things and am planning on trying out some products. I have some light swirls but not many since I have used OC and SSR 1 on the last detail, I am mainly wanting to try some new sealants. Ok here it is

Optimum polish w/ white LC pad (I have used optimum compound but not this)
Red Machine Glaze w/ black finessing pad (I have used it before but not in a while)
UPP w/ blue finishing pad, probably 2 coats after the first cures.

Let me know your opinions, I just want to try something different. Oh and can I get one of those svt detailer sigs?
Where do you get those products? I'm looking at a cheap craftsman orbital polisher/waxer. I'd like to strip and polish the car to a crazy shine.

NXGHOST

Established Member
DaleM said:
Where do you get those products? I'm looking at a cheap craftsman orbital polisher/waxer. I'd like to strip and polish the car to a crazy shine.

All these products have to be purchased online. As far as the CHEAP craftsman Orbital, you are truly wasting money. You may as well buy one that works from the start. The Porter Bable 7224 or 7336.

JebTonkin

Established Member
I think i have changed something, what aboutnot doing RMG, putting the UPP on with the balck pad and then putting Souveran liquid wax with the blue pad. I have heard good things about this combo on autopia and I also heard that RMG under UPP will sacrifice durability.

JebTonkin

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
i don't know how much that will do for swirls though, are you using a light cutting or medium cutting pad.
Light, I have hardly no swirls though, I am just trying out new things.

NXGHOST

Established Member
I would still use some sort of polish or paint cleaner before the sealants or waxes. RMG barely has any oils in it, People use it after Vanilla Moose to get rid of the oils in Vanilla Moose. You can alway do Klasse AIO as a cleaner/prep.

JebTonkin

Established Member
If you look again I am using Optimum Polish, I have been thinking that I may make a pass with an orange cutiing pad and then a pass with the white poilishing pad.

NXGHOST

Established Member
JebTonkin said:
If you look again I am using Optimum Polish, I have been thinking that I may make a pass with an orange cutiing pad and then a pass with the white poilishing pad.

LOL, That information was toooo high up! If your swirls are minor just go Optimum Polish then The LSP's!

JebTonkin

Established Member
That sucks becasue I already ordered some, oh well I don't really want to pay $70 for wax right now.

Users who are viewing this thread