My next car...

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Well, as some of you know... I sold my C5Z early this year to begin my journey into the road racing world, particularly in SCCA's T1 and Nasa's ST2. I first had my mind set on getting a prepped C6 LS2 car, but they are unfortunately out of my price range. I would've loved to have one of them... but not right now.

So I started looking around and I finally found one that I really like. This one is located close to San Diego, CA and was driven by Craig Dale. Here is a little about the car's details...

This car won the 2008 Southern California SCCA T1 Championship and holds the T1 lap record at Buttonwillow raceway.

Clean, fully equipped and loaded with all the spares needed…current SCCA logbook, stout 8 point roll cage, T1 suspension, T1 sways, accusump, large capacity oil cooler, trans cooler, Recaro Pro Racer SPG XL, Willians Harnesses, Halon System, custom fabricated 3” exhaust system (no cats), cool suit system and 3 sets of 17” CCW 3-piece wheels. The engine has low hours and ran 380 hp on the dyno. New transmission (with steel shift forks) and Quaife rear end – both have run only 3 races.

I'll be flying out there the first weekend of May to talk to Craig and check the car out. I'm putting a down payment on the car for Craig to hold it for me till I can pay for the rest of it. Its gonna take a little time for that, but we have worked out a deal that's good for both of us. I can't wait to drive it :banana:

Anyways... here's some pics of it. Enjoy!

zz41.jpg

zz31.jpg

zz91.jpg

zz101.jpg

zz111.jpg

IMG_2318Large.jpg

79045Large.jpg

79028Large.jpg

eng1.jpg

IMG_2317Large.jpg

intr1.jpg

zz51.jpg

zz61.jpg

zz71.jpg

zz81.jpg

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
That'll be nuts. I thought drag racing was an expensive hobby. I don't even want to think about tire/pads/rotors every track day plus the other odds and ends.
Great looking car. :)

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
nice vette. what size and brand of rotors and calipers do the brakes have?

The rotors are just the standard blanks that you can get at Napa. Nothing special about them, just can't run the drilled & slotted rotors as they will crack easily out on the track. The calipers should be the new C6's as the 09 rules are allowing the C5 guys to run them now.

That'll be nuts. I thought drag racing was an expensive hobby. I don't even want to think about tire/pads/rotors every track day plus the other odds and ends.
Great looking car. :)

Usually alot of people progress in racing something like this...

drag racing
autocross
open track events
open track time trials
wheel 2 wheel racing

Depending on how far you go into drag racing, it and autoX are more of the cheap ways to go racing. Road racing is very expensive, but is very rewarding. I will typically be going thru at least one set of Hoosier A6's on every race weekend. If I run the Kuhmo V710's, I might could get 2 races out of them. So thats $1200 for tires, $500-$600 for brake pads, and that's not including entry fee, race gas, tow truck gas, lodging, food, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread