My new2012 Durango R/T exhaust and launch vids

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
Just took home a new 2012 Durango R/T and I wanted to share some of the sights and sounds. Dodge did a pretty good job with this new SUV inside and out. Here are a few vids of the exhaust at start up and rev as well as a launch and drive by. The R/T gets an upgraded exhaust over the crew and citadel...this car has gotten more attention at the gas stations than my mustang ever did. Enjoy...

2012 Dodge Durango RT start up and stock exhaust - YouTube

2012 Dodge Durango RT Launch and Drive By - YouTube

Also, here are some vids of an outside walk-around and an inside tour with the leather and nav options. My only mod so far is a visual mod...limo tint all the way around. I think it looks sick in white. Tell me your thoughts.

2012 Dodge Durango RT outside tour with limo tint - YouTube

2012 Dodge Durango RT inside tour with leather and navigation option - YouTube

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Nice! Was looking at these when we bought our explorer, end the end we picked the explorer for fuel mileage and interior quality. But I like the RWD/v8 of the durango, white looks killer.

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
they arent going to do an srt in the drango platform. at least for now, dodge told me they are leaving it for the jeep becuase there isnt a huge market for suv's right now. Thanks for the compliments on mine :beer:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Nice! Now get it to the track because I'd like to know how I stand against one...
If your sig is correct, looks like you'd have a slight advantage from a dig, pulled a little from a roll. I read 15.5 at 90 for the awd one, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If your sig is correct, looks like you'd have a slight advantage from a dig, pulled a little from a roll. I read 15.5 at 90 for the awd one, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

My 15.1 run was on 20's with the second/third row seats removed and a tune/exhaust as my only mods. Looking to get a CAI, UDP's, Efan and work on the tune some more and hit 14's this Fall(hopefully at full weight.)

I think I'd run side by side with a new Hemi Durango and whoever leaves first would win, barely....

Way2QWK

Established Member
Almost bought one last fall. Was in the market for a 3 row suv, but after a test drive I was not happy with the power of the v8 and the poor visibility out the side windows. Still I think its the best option out there currently for a buyer needing 3 row seats.

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
Not too bad. How quick are they?

Its pretty quick once it gets up and goes. What's weird to me is that out of the same exact engine they rate the ram at 390 hp while this is rated at 360. But like way2qwk said it feels sluggish off the get go which I think is characteristic of these hemi engines.

shelbymopar89

Established Member
Nice man, I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine so far. I agree it does seem sluggish off the line, especially compared to the HEMI in my 2500 Ram with with less HP, but once it starts to breath I think it comes into its own. Have you found the cool little stash spot under the drivers seat yet? Somebody tagged mine yesterday...http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9/829155-got-eaten-up-03-mach-1-way-home.html
My original post
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...new-dd-pics-inside-warning-mopar-content.html
Dodgeforum.com seems to be the most active forum so far, dodgetalk has a section also but it is pretty dead. Good luck and enjoy!

scs197gt

Hotwheels Dad
Established Member
Nice man, I hope you enjoy it as much as I like mine so far. I agree it does seem sluggish off the line, especially compared to the HEMI in my 2500 Ram with with less HP, but once it starts to breath I think it comes into its own. Have you found the cool little stash spot under the drivers seat yet? Somebody tagged mine yesterday...http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9/829155-got-eaten-up-03-mach-1-way-home.html
My original post
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...new-dd-pics-inside-warning-mopar-content.html
Dodgeforum.com seems to be the most active forum so far, dodgetalk has a section also but it is pretty dead. Good luck and enjoy!

Man its so sad to look at those pics!! Sorry that really sucks dude!! Hopefully its all fixed by now.

I looked for the stash under the drivers seat and I can't get it opened and i'm afraid to pry at it, any suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread