My new toy!

EHardy1971

I'm not Ed!
Established Member
I've been wanting an L for a loooong time, and now being deployed to Kuwait for my job, I bought one. My wife found it (an '01) on CL, I gave her the go ahead, and she drove it home this past Tuesday...

01Lightning2.jpg

01Lightning1.jpg

... the sucky part is, I've got 3 more months before I get to enjoy, and start modding it. It already has full exhaust, new interior (with black carpet), new wheels and tires, and has been lowered. Other than that, she's bone stock.:-D

EHardy1971

I'm not Ed!
Established Member
Thanks guys! There are some mods planned for it as soon as I get back. Matter of fact, I plan on ordering the stuff for it here soon, I told her there would be some boxes coming in, just stick them out in my shop :D. She doesn't want me going "overboard" on it like I did my Mustang.:lol1:What she don't know won't hurt me.

Last edited:

EHardy1971

I'm not Ed!
Established Member
What kind of adaptors are used with those wheels..do you know? Looks Very nice!!:beer:
Thanks! It doesn't have any adapters that I'm aware of, but then again, I have yet to see it in person.

I'm REALLY diggin' the Torq Thrust's!! Congrats on the new to you L and get home safely. :thumbsup:

Yeah, those wheels was one of the reasons I bought it. I had intended on buying a different black one that still had the '01-'02 stockers on it, and I had planned on putting black Torq Thrusts on it :D. Your's look good too! Thanks again, and I'm beyond ready to get home.

Redlightning_II

Established Member
Wheels

American Racing made these wheels for the Lightning a long time ago, after I got my Lightning in 03 , I was checking out the wheel manufactures and saw on their site a Lightning with them in 20" and I contacted them at that time and the rep said they no longer produce that wheel for the 5-135 bolt pattern..

Thanks

EHardy1971

I'm not Ed!
Established Member
American Racing made these wheels for the Lightning a long time ago, after I got my Lightning in 03 , I was checking out the wheel manufactures and saw on their site a Lightning with them in 20" and I contacted them at that time and the rep said they no longer produce that wheel for the 5-135 bolt pattern..

Thanks

That would have to be them then (in 18"). I was looking at the pics my wife sent me, and on a couple of close up shots of the wheels, I could tell they didn't have adapters. The guy we bought this from said he had just bought the wheels new recently. The only thing I can figure, is that he found them somewhere that had them laying around for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread