My new toy is hook up now

Lordmustanggt

Established Member
ok So this is it, its a kick in the pants!!! only a 75 shot on right now. Think it will hold a 125???

Sep09_0003.gif

Sep09_0004.gif

Lordmustanggt

Established Member
torquemonster said:
125shot nooooo way, id stay at 75 and wouldnt spray unless its an emergency! how many miles are on the car? sweet setup though

the motor has about 170,000 on it. I went out today and used the shit out of it! It got pretty hot once so I let it cool down, but it's still in one peace.

Matt

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
With out dyno time, stay small...........

Being lean sucks azz

Did you go colder plugs ?? (cheap insurance)

Lordmustanggt

Established Member
01LaserCobra said:
With out dyno time, stay small...........

Being lean sucks azz

Did you go colder plugs ?? (cheap insurance)

I'm running the bosch +4s right now and the MSD coil. I'm glad you brought that up, I'll got out and buy a colder plug.

Matt

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Lordmustanggt said:
I'm running the bosch +4s right now and the MSD coil. I'm glad you brought that up, I'll got out and buy a colder plug.

Matt

Not plat. Go with good old Autolites.

whippleblown03

Established Member
i got a 1988 5.0 motor with a 120,000 thats a runner for $150 if you blow it up. we have met a few times at pacific. i havent been around much latley at the track or here on the board but my house is for sale so i need to get rid of some stuff soon.

Lordmustanggt

Established Member
whippleblown03 said:
i got a 1988 5.0 motor with a 120,000 thats a runner for $150 if you blow it up. we have met a few times at pacific. i havent been around much latley at the track or here on the board but my house is for sale so i need to get rid of some stuff soon.

Awesome, I remember ya, I might take you up on that soon. I might want another motor just to build a little.

Thanks Joey, your cars looking better everytime i see it.

Matt

Joe5.0

Established Member
Lordmustanggt said:
Awesome, I remember ya, I might take you up on that soon. I might want another motor just to build a little.

Thanks Joey, your cars looking better everytime i see it.

Matt

Hey thanks but the Daily Driving and weather is taking a toll on it. I was behind a semi tonight full of Rocks, it a bump in the Detour on I-5, and like 8 rocks nailed my car. Cracked window and A 1inch chip of paint missinf on my hood. I dont have a garage anymore so the Car sits outside and im not happy about it. Runs great though.

Will its time for that Heater Core Though.

Lordmustanggt

Established Member
My heater core is done too, It's been looped for like 2 months now. Just have gotten up the energy to pull the dash AGAIN! :mj: 3rd times a charm.

I forgot what # of autolites to get, which ones run colder? And where do u guys get your bottles refilled around here. I live in Bonney Lake, so is there any place around me? Mines emtey now.

Matt

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
okay two different occasions.

first a well known mechanic and racing family around my area.

85 LX w/ a 5.0 block. Stock block/Stock internals/colder plugs/glide tranny/9" w/ 4.56 gears 250,000 miles.

guys were turning it into an all drag car and pulling it off the street. ran a 150 shot hoping the motor would blow so they could build a new one. (they already have a low 5.10 71 challenger and a 5 flat railcar ford bigblock (both sponsored/ford mechanics) so these guys know what they're doing. 150 shot wouldn't blow the motor...bumped up to 175...then to 200...finally to 250...made it through a whole season w/ a 250 shot...after that they gave up and said **** it and pulled the motor cuz it wouldn't blow. now they're rebuilding the car. this car was gutted and ran low 6's in the 1/8th (the other two cars are also 8th mile cars)

second story a good friend of mine

street strip car...87 GT 5.0 stock block (145,000 miles) running a 175 shot every weekend, 4.10's w/ a detroit locker 8.8...semi gutted no cage (coming this december) hoosier dr's in rear w/ skinnies up front mounted on welds/ 90-10 suspension/ glide tranny w/ pistol grip hurst shifter...this car pulls wheelies believe it or not and runs mid 7's all day long...once again just tryin to blow the motor so he can find time to put a custom built 408 w/ a dual stage in it.

so yes i say it will handle the shot but every motor is different

Users who are viewing this thread