My (new to me) 1986 Dark Grey Metallic GT.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Nice clean '86. And nice background in your garage! o_O

Lol thanks!

Gotcha, I really don’t think it makes that much difference. I have heard that you will get harassed less by the police with street rod. Who knows. I came across a set of 86’ Maryland tags that I will be running in the spring, i was going with personalized until I found these.

Yeah, I only wanted street rod tags because I know if you get pulled over the car is classified as being excessively modified more than stock and you can't get noise complaint tickets or things of that nature. I've never heard of anyone one with historic tags getting harassed when getting pulled over though. The main thing is that both tags give me freedom for no MD State inspection and no VEIP Emissions ever. I remember when I was in high school and first got my 99 GT a few months in and was changing to a few different exhausts, I went to an SLP loud mouth 1 which sounded horrible with no cats, and it was like driving around with an earthquake everywhere and I never had an issue. The only thing that got me in trouble the whole time I owned the car was the tint, other wise any mod I had I never had an issue with the cops. No idea why, but Street Rod tags are actually $1 cheaper for registration than Historic tags.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I had personalized tags on my 99 GT, had the farm tags which are that orange-ish color which I thought would blend in more with the paint, but overall I stuck with the regular personalized tags.
22zp2y3.jpg

OX1

Established Member
Looks like "Smoke Metallic". Same color as my 86 Capri 5.0 I bought new (and still have).
Stop on over @ foureyedpride.com and post up some pics, if you haven't yet.

CAPRI%20ORIGINAL%20RECIEPTa.jpg

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Looks like "Smoke Metallic". Same color as my 86 Capri 5.0 I bought new (and still have).
Stop on over @ foureyedpride.com and post up some pics, if you haven't yet.

I actually asked on foureyedpride for the actual color of my car because I thought it was Smoke, but I found out that color is for Capris. I am a member on there though, and i'll be doing the treacherous search for a nice set of Marchal fog lights and covers. One of mine is cracked. I may have covers though since my dad kept his charcoal covers from his 86 GT.

Price sounds about right. My dad bought his 86 GT brand new in the fall of 86 for $13,xxx. His had every option except the sunroof like mine.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I actually asked on foureyedpride for the actual color of my car because I thought it was Smoke, but I found out that color is for Capris. I am a member on there though, and i'll be doing the treacherous search for a nice set of Marchal fog lights and covers. One of mine is cracked. I may have covers though since my dad kept his charcoal covers from his 86 GT.

Price sounds about right. My dad bought his 86 GT brand new in the fall of 86 for $13,xxx. His had every option except the sunroof like mine.

I have a set with covers, but they need a little love. There are guys on FEP who do great restoration work on them.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Hell yeah! Had to go back and look. TnA and OSU!!!

Hell yeah man! Idk if you seen the 2021 recruiting class, but it's insane. we have two RBs alone that could break ankles. Plus 5 star recruit Jack Sawyer DE is the next mix of the Bosa brothers and Chase Young. Not to mention there's another 3-4, 5 star recruit WRs that not have even been on the field yet.

I have a set with covers, but they need a little love. There are guys on FEP who do great restoration work on them.

Great, i'll give you a shout sometime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread