My new subframe pics!!

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
If you don't have subframe connectors, or like me... full matrix, you're missing out.

The car rides with much more confidence, and corners harder with less body roll.

On the highway what 70 used to feel like, is now 85. It's just much more solid and confidence inspiring.

Custom built for me by a local artist..... check it out.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
It was, but it's on the suspension points only. It took an hour for getting it perfect on the lift.

:)

thedutt

Established Member
Damn, my 3750lb :smmon: beast is going to get even more fatter soon. Maybe I can loose the 40lbs to even it out :thumbsup:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Kenny Brown's.... Just like on my ragtop. I painted/finished mine black too.... But your underneath is filthy. Hose it off.

I have the same reaction as you to the handling. It is greatly improved.

:beer:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Yes my undercarriage is horridly dirty.

These aren't Kenny Brown's though, they are custom built to my car by a local guy.

We sprayed them with undercoating.

The wall thickness is greater as well.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by sbc.cobra
those look nice! getting mine pretty soon from Nathaniel's here in houston.
You can have mine if you can get them off....;-)

slythetove,

They look great. That was my second mod after watching the hood flex when I got on it the first time.
:thumbsup:

03kobra

Established Member
nice, any warrenty issues with subs?? is it possible to enquire a drive-shaft loop into the equation?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by 03kobra
nice, any warrenty issues with subs?? is it possible to enquire a drive-shaft loop into the equation?

I asked my dealer specifically and they said subs wouldn't be a problem with warranty.

I am contemplating DS safety loop, but I'm aprehensive after seeing Dana shorted out his PCM because of a wire loom sliding over and touching the bolt.

I need more information before I do mine.

TruBlu03

Subs with Loop

Horsepower TV had full length subs with integrated d/s loop for late model stangs last Sunday. They looked really nice but they said the manufaturers name so quick I couldn't get it :( Will check the website. I'm thinking they said Excessive something or other but just not sure.

If anyone knows please share!

slythetove
Subs look nice. Why'd you go with custom built, cheaper, better??

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
The custom built have a thicker wall than any of the currently available kits, and the entire set up, custom built for my car and installed was only $400 total.

The pieces alone from Kenny Brown cost almost that. Then they have to be installed.

The subframes are also slightly longer than other set ups.

The guy that did them here has such a great reputation in town that I figured I couldn't lose.

His reputation is deserved. They are awesome.

Poor Todd

Established Member
Re: Subs with Loop

Originally posted by LLCoolStang
Horsepower TV had full length subs with integrated d/s loop for late model stangs last Sunday. They looked really nice but they said the manufaturers name so quick I couldn't get it :( Will check the website. I'm thinking they said Excessive something or other but just not sure.

If anyone knows please share!

The show's site says it's the Evolution Motorsport underbody "X" Brace.

site: http://www.evolutionmsport.com/evm-Product-2xt.html

Todd

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

The pieces alone from Kenny Brown cost almost that. Then they have to be installed.

That looks great Sly. I agree...they make a HUGE difference.

Just want to point something out for the folks who don't have access to custom builders. My KB stuff...subs/jacking rails/matrix brace... was less than 300 shipped to my door. Install was $75. The setup isn't custom like yours, but well worth every penny spent.

Users who are viewing this thread