My new Road King

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
picked it up last week. 2009 HD Vivid Black Road King. I am going from a Yamaha Vstar 650 custom to this hoss. Twice the weight, more than twice the power. I got it with a Skull collection Derby cover and a passenger backrest. It also has a windshield, but I ride with it off most of the time. I added a badlander seat, Rush slip on mufflers, and smoked turn signal lenses. In the pic, I hadn't changed the lensesor mufflers yet. Once it gets sunny here, I will get better pics. I plan to have stretched saddlebags put on in the future.

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice bike. I've got a '99 Road King Classic. Had it for years and love it. My wife and I recently did the "Tail of the Dragon" on it! If you don't know about the Dragon, google it. It's a wicked road and a biker Mecca in NC. If you're ever in the NC/TN hills, give it a shot.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments. It is heavy, but believe it or not, it isn't that bad in slow turns......it did take some getting used to. I am definitely not able to turn as sharp as I can on my Yamaha.....yet. Dry the 09 Road Kings tip the scales at 775lbs.....I have heard of the dragon, I have quite a few friends that hve done it both in cars and on bikes, something like 320 turns or something right?

Last edited:

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
thanks Rob, I am actually a big fan os the Nightster too. My tattoo artist has one here, they are sinister looking little rides. I was going back and forth between the Night Train, the rocker, the Crossbones, and the Road King. I wanted something with bags, the Night Train and Rocker don't look real great with bags IMO, the crossbones looks good with them, so I went and sat one and did not like it. The Road King, out of the box suited me the most. Plus, when done right, I think they can look pretty tits. I will probably be putting on a set of Streetslammer bars (drag style) and removing the passing lamps and converting the turn signals to the HD bullet style. I was going to swap out the floor boards for forward controls, but I am starting to really like having them. Instead, I will probably add the brackets to move them forward and out a bit. I don't think my wife has any clue what she agreed to when she told me I could pull the trigger on this.... :)

EDIT: I almost forgot, I think it will be getting an air ride set up.......SLAM!!

92z28

Established Member
Thats a really nice looking bike. After I pay off my Sportster I really want to get a Road King so that my girl can come along with me when I ride.

Users who are viewing this thread