My new project. 69 Fastback

NITMARE

Established Member
I brought home a new project today. This is literally a car that I have wanted since I was a kid and finally found one that will make a suitable project. It's a 69 fastback. It's an Oklahoma car that has very very little rust on the bottom side and no currently cancerous rust on the body. The previous owner had it media blasted then sealed with epoxy primer. So it does have some patch panel work needed and about 2 dozen bumps and bruises that will get smoothed out.

Has a 393 Windsor stroker in it that is 12:1 compression and a built C6. It was being built as a drag car. I am swapping in my 69 Boss 302 that I bought about 5 years ago and a Tremec 5 speed. It will have all modern suspension and big brakes. I am going to DD this car and love every minute of it. The interior is pretty complete. It has front disc brakes and a steering rack already and a massive fuel cell. The guy also gave me a surplus of 60's stang parts he had. Stay tuned for a build thread as soon as the Sniper is done.

Anyway enjoy the pics. BTW, those are my 19's off the Cobra....just seeing what they looked like :D

1002421.jpg

1002423.jpg

1002425t.jpg

my.php

NITMARE

Established Member
LOL, nope.

It's getting a complete 69 Boss 302 I bought a few years ago.

Common

Established Member
Looks nice. I hear about the sniper hold up on the va, hope you got it all worked out.

NITMARE

Established Member
Yeah I ended up doing a complete rebuild on the motor. You can see it on the stand in the background ready to go back in.

The sellers have yet to get back to me with an explanation.

99redcobra

Established Member
congrats! 69 fastbacks are the best looking mustangs IMO but that could be cause i have one too:beer:
P1010954.jpg

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Those cars are gorgeous. I have always wanted one as well. soooo, what happened to project sniper?

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Dude you are so lucky, I have been looking for a 1969 mustang for awhile now, I actually want a Mach 1. But my cobra will do for now. Beautiful car to restore I know you will enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
congrats! 69 fastbacks are the best looking mustangs IMO but that could be cause i have one too:beer:
Right on man, they are my fav's.

Those cars are gorgeous. I have always wanted one as well. soooo, what happened to project sniper?
It's still rollin' , just ran into a little snag.

drop it on its nuts and keep those wheels on it...
I am going to run a very similar wheel most likely.
You have the sickest projects!

Whats the word with the "Poor Man's" Ford GT/S197?
It's in the works :rockon:

Gonna wait to post pics till it looks like something

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Why take out the 393? Too high compression to DD? For the nostalgia of the boss motor?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Great looking car man. If it's an Okie car with little/no rust it must be a western OK car. I'm looking forward to keeping up with this one too.

Evil4Eye

Schizophrenic SVT Poster
Established Member
Nitmare, I am EXTREMELY jealous. I've been looking around for a classic, though I could never afford a fastback, I'll be getting a '65-'70 stang, 67/68 Cougar or a 67-72 Firebird/Camaro soon, once I find the right one. Keep us posted on the build:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread