My new number plate (pics inside)

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
close.jpg

Hello Mates
just got my personalised number plates from the D.V.L.A. so I'd thought it would be a good oportunity to do my first post with pics
I think the number plate system in the U.K is different to the U.S
over here all new vehicle are issued at first registration with a registration number that is age and location related ,
the format is usually two letters /two numbers-three letters
e.g

WA = area code
05 = year code
ABC= random generated last letters

so the plate would be WAO5 ABC
this get even more complicated as they started doing two registrations per year some time ago, in march and september every year
when you are issued your plate you are stuck with it unless you buy a different one
the D.V.L.A. (driver and vehicle licencing agency) realised some time ago that they could make a lot of money by selling un-issued registrations to the public and dealers at auction and on thier website
I found this one on thier site and thought it was much better than my old one so I bought it,you cant just have any plate that they list it must be age related , so I could'nt have any plate that started with any letter after "S" the "99" year code ,
I picked this one as K5 is the year I got my first svt
the plate shown is a temp one I made at work to get a proper one I have to go to a dealer with a load of documents and wont be allowed any text under the reg
you can get round this by buying "show" plates but I'm not sure about the text at the moment anyway
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

big thanks to Andre for hosting my first pics :beer:
far.jpg

Last edited:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
sorry the pics were not up at the start, Andre did give me clear instructions on how to post them and I still managed to balls it up :rollseyes

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
How cool! I have never seen a custom plate from another contry, looks good! :beer:

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
KillTeam said:
wow! those are bright!

nice plates :rockon:

Thanks Mate
tell me about it we have no chioce on the colour it has to be reflective yellow on the rear and reflective white up front :fm:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
damn, thats pretty lucky man!! Do alot of poeple know what that is over therE?

OH-MAN

Established Member
Interesting how you guys do the custom plate deal there.
On the show 5th gear they showed an auction where you could bid and buy plates for your car.
The plate dealers would buy up all the ones they figured folks would like and resell them to people.

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
fuelonempty said:
damn, thats pretty lucky man!! Do alot of poeple know what that is over therE?

no, but they learn real quick when they see that plate disappear into the distance :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread