My new HID kit

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Just got through installing my 9007 dual Hi-Low/H10 kit on my 04. Not bad for $105 off Ebay.

cobraHID.jpg

Last edited:

Digital

Established Member
Just got through installing my 9007 dual Hi-Low/H10 kit on my 04. Not bad for $160 off Ebay.

cobraHID.jpg

From that guy that's in cali? Good kit. Looks nice. I've used the same and after a few days the color stays a little darker usually and the bulbs take less time to "Warm up."

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
From that guy that's in cali? Good kit. Looks nice. I've used the same and after a few days the color stays a little darker usually and the bulbs take less time to "Warm up."
Yes, he's in Cali, autohidguy is his ebay seller name. The bulbs warm up really quick. The only problem with his fog light kit is the wiring from the ballast to the stock wiring harness plug doesn't have the plastic connector to make a nice water tight seal like the HID guy's kit, but you can buy the covers and plug the wires in and you're all set. I paid $105 total for the kit. Tell him I sent you and I bet he'll make you the same deal. My ebay ID is cobra97204tx1. I got the 6000k kits.

Last edited:

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I mounted the ballast for the headlights under my cold air kit for the passenger and right behind the driver's headlight. The fogs' I mounted inside the grill opening on the sides on the black plastic pieces. I used velcro and drilled 2 holes and used hood push pins.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
is the ebay kit true plug and play? no splicing or switching pins?

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
is the ebay kit true plug and play? no splicing or switching pins?

No splicing and no pin switching. You just have to find the plastic cover that mates up to the stock wiring harness female connector. The kit comes with wires that, male ends, that plug into the female receptacle, but it doesn't have a cover over the wires to make it water tight when you join them like the HID Guy's kit. I bought a couple ballast power supply wire harnesses from him so I would have a nice, water tight connection, $10.

Users who are viewing this thread