My new fox against LT Juan

runsonboost

Established Member
So couple weeks ago I came across a sweet CL deal, a running drivable 90 lx 5.0 aod car, 800 bucks. I convinced my wife to let me buy it and went to pick it up. It has a laundry list of mods including overdrive delete kit, rear brake delete, hatch latch delete, gears (claims 3.73s), and of course off road H pipe and dumped flowmasters. I figured it would be fun to play with for a while. I was driving to give my wife some food at work and ran across a green LT1 Formula 6-speed. It was loud as ****, sounded like a Borla catback with the cutout off. I pulled up beside him and popped my throttle a couple times then we finally catch a light. I wasnt sure if he was gunna go, but just in case i pulled the hurting AOD down into the business gear. We took off normal then once we get through the intersection he nailed the skinny pedal. I followed suit and selected D to engage 2nd gear at 6k (it wont shift before then), then pulled er back down to 1 to hold. Surprisingly LT Juan has not moved from my door. He is grabbing gears, exhaust screaming into my open window pulling ever so slightly away, I reach down and go up to D and wait for the tranny to do its thing, still waiting..Finally at 6k it grabs 3rd hard and we are keeping close to even, his cutout is right in my face now cackling away with that signature LT1 sound. With a tap of the rev limiter he lets out with his back bumper at my front. It was perhaps the funnest race I have had in quite some time, I attempted to give him a thumbs up but he didnt share my sentiment apparently and wouldnt look over. I know reading about it isnt as fun as being there, but thought i would share that story with you guys.

I already bought a CL special AOD for $150, gunna add the cheapest converter i can find and a shift kit, got a free explorer manifold and some spray and try and go 12's for less than 1500 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread