My new dyno numbers on the new 331

89coupe

Established Member
So I finally have some dyno numbers for the car. At 13.5lbs boost it made 556rwhp & 615ft/lbs TQ. We ran out of time to do a 15psi pull, the tires were getting so hot that they were starting to grease up.

This on a Mustang Dyno, I plan on taking it to the other shop who has a Dynojet to make a few pulls there as well to see the difference. Roughly on a Dynojet it should make 628rwhp & 694ft/lbs TQ at the same settings.

dynonumbers.jpg

Pic of the car and engine.

DSCF0241.JPG

DSCF0220.JPG

Last edited:

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Wow! Great numbers indeed. I remember downloading the vid of you with your old setup running at the track and one on the hwy next to your turbo civic I believe. Any new vids?:banana:

89coupe

Established Member
NotoriousGT350 said:
Wow! Great numbers indeed. I remember downloading the vid of you with your old setup running at the track and one on the hwy next to your turbo civic I believe. Any new vids?:banana:

Thanks!

Hopefully soon, the reason numbers took so long is we were having some major tuning issues with the Bigstuff Standalone system. We tried to get it to controll boost with no avail. So I ended up using an electronic boost controller.

Also experiencing some tranny issues, I think my syncros might be damaged a bit. Not sure why as it only has like 3000 miles but I'm having it checked on tuesday.

Last edited:

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
sweet notch!!!! i love the color, what is it? i love how turbos make more power with less boost that superchargers.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did your whole setup cost including the shortblock?

89coupe

Established Member
maniak87 said:
sweet notch!!!! i love the color, what is it? i love how turbos make more power with less boost that superchargers.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did your whole setup cost including the shortblock?

Its the factory Ford metallic grey.

Lets just say I could have bought a brand new Cobra cash for what I have spent on this damn car so far.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
So these are just new numbers right, or have you changed anything?

Is tomak doing the tuning?

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
wow...my project car in the future is very similar to that. But I think I am going to go with either a 347 or 408 with a turbo.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
89coupe said:
Its the factory Ford metallic grey.

Lets just say I could have bought a brand new Cobra cash for what I have spent on this damn car so far.

New Cobra or ZO6:poke:

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Very sexy coupe man.....Nice numbers too:bowdown:

Sam....Check his signature...the link to his entire motor build is there...but to make it easier he says its a r block.

Users who are viewing this thread