My New Cobra

SVT-666

Established Member
Just about to pick up this 01 cobra next weekend.

It has 26k miles on it and is MINT all stock and I'm getting it for 12 grand. me being 18 I'm so excited as this is my first nice car and thought I'd show you guys as I've been reading this forum for a while since i started talking to the guy about the car and saw how much you guys know.

mustangside.jpg

mustangfront.jpg

Tremor

NO MERCY
:banana:

-Oil Change
-Eaton Swap
-3.73 Gears

-4.30s NA

Your check list, check as you go :beer:

killrSVT

Established Member
Let the mods begin.. I hope you have a good job, because you learn something every day that you want to do to your snake that costs $$$. Congrats on the car.

SVT-666

Established Member
oh i work full time as a the head mechanic at my dads truck dealership so im no t too worried about money for mods. im not gonna do too much to the engine cause im only 18 and itll be powerful enough for me ...at least for now haha. the first mods im going to do is suspension cause i can already beat almost every car in my town. (cept for my dad he has a ford gt and 2 vipers)

JDrake

Established Member
oh i work full time as a the head mechanic at my dads truck dealership so im no t too worried about money for mods. im not gonna do too much to the engine cause im only 18 and itll be powerful enough for me ...at least for now haha. the first mods im going to do is suspension cause i can already beat almost every car in my town. (cept for my dad he has a ford gt and 2 vipers)

I hear ya, but im also 18 and the engine is no where near powerfull enough.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Congrats man, I had to wait until I was 24 to get my car. 26k is really low for a 8 year old car! As mentioned get yourself some 4.10's or 4.30's. You should also consider getting a shifter (MGW, Pro 5.0, B+M, etc) and some subframe connectors. Hope you enjoy your Cobra.

cobraracer46

Banned
12K is an incredible deal on a Cobra painted in the best color of all: Performance Red. It's a good thing you scored a good price on your new ride because I could only guess what your insurance costs are!:eek:

02SVTV6

Established Member
Best Color is actaully True Blue FTMFW

Congrats on the new car...get a turbo on it ASAP

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Oh yeah...it's a 2001...it's Performance Red. I was thinking Reo Red which it looks in the pics. Looks exactly like mine then...stock 4x4 look... except for red painted calipers. (Funny, the neighborhood looks the similar too.)

Do the FLSFC first...it really makes the car feel much tighter... and new longer. My only mod...but real glad I did it. Any suspension mods you do will have a much better effect after the subs.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
12K is an incredible deal on a Cobra painted in the best color of all: Performance Red. It's a good thing you scored a good price on your new ride because I could only guess what your insurance costs are!:eek:

Haha, insurance is pretty high. I got mine when i was 17. Just be careful and respect the car and you'll be fine. Beautiful car, and you got a hell of a deal

matt87

Established Member
gee i feel like 500.00 for full coverage is to much, but then i'm married,34 and have house and cars under same insured. liability alone for an 18yr old must be like 2k a year! anyways g/l with your new ride the girls will love it.

Users who are viewing this thread