My new boosted daily driver

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Well here it is there dirty since its been raining for 3 days here but its a 04 monte carlo ss with an m90 eaton 7.5#s stock. lol Its staying stock for now other then intake. I used flipped my old aem gt tube around and with my old jlp rai cobra 9" filter it now sounds like it wants to suck in a bird. Ill have some pics and vid clips soon. Its has 60,000 miles, immaculate black leather etc. Now i can romp on the cobra all i want and not worry about breaking stuff, because now.... i have another ride to get around town. Im also about to pull the trigger and spray the kit black.

edr.jpg

Sorry i had to add my other baby in. I finally found a steering rack and threw it in. After a good alignment and some new soft rubber she'll be ready for the track until i start the port.......:rockon:
2-1.jpg

Last edited:

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
Nice! Watch out for gasket leaks (intake, head) due to the dexcool fiasco. Everyone I know with an early 2000s GM product has had problems.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
sam92lx cant believe chrome wheels didnt come first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg! the worlds gonna end........

now now...calm down, I hate to say it but chrome saleen's wouldn't help the cobra.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nice! Watch out for gasket leaks (intake, head) due to the dexcool fiasco. Everyone I know with an early 2000s GM product has had problems.

Good point. I help a friend replace the gaskets on a couple of those a week. "Edit" The Monte will look a lot better with the ground effects painted. Looking forward to seeing the engine shots.

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
More crappy pics and vids with some whine.

khb.jpg

SSPX6377.jpg

Just waxed

SSPX6378.jpg

SSPX6379.jpg

SSPX6380.jpg

SSPX6382.jpg

SSPX6383.jpg

Aem intake off my GT! (turned backwards).
SSPX6384.jpg

SSPX6385.jpg

SSPX6386.jpg

Stock pulley for now ha
SSPX6387.jpg

Trying on some 20" shoes. I bought these for my s10 universal 5 lug but someone stole two off my truck. They fit an ill be getting two more soon.
9cv.jpg

Quick crappy vids, daytime vid is from a 30 roll, nightime vid from about a 5 roll. I need more road heh.
8768410175_ORIG.flv video by ludamike81 - Photobucket

8768417370_ORIG.flv video by ludamike81 - Photobucket

Quick vid of my gf leaving in the cobra today. Shitty cant even hear the exhaust.
8768410401_ORIG.flv video by ludamike81 - Photobucket

Last edited:

SADF

Established Member
Ahahahah, Im not the only one lol. I just got my brothers old red 2000 Monte Carlo SS for my daily. At one point it had dubs and over $7000 in stereo....all thats gone now. Right now it has 16" Cadillac wheels on it that I may paint black. I also have a full set of
2008 Caddy STS chrome wheels. These are chrome, yes, but they are 17" and free tires....mine is truly a beater and I take it as it goesk ,lol. I just ordered a Chromeintake off ebay for $30 shipped, lol. I put it on earlier this week and I thought it was worth it. This car has 160,000 miles on it. It looks great with the vette exhaust tips, maggy mufflers, and its slammed with eibachs. I really want to throw the blower on when this motor takes a dump....so, until then

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Get me some pics of those tips and a vid of the exhaust lol i was soo close to cuttin a coil today.

Last edited:

SADF

Established Member
The exhaust is quiet as hell. I recommend using a chambered muffler. Unfortunately, I have alot of experience with v6 cars (especially Mustangs!) and the Magnaflows, while better performing, don't offer alot of sound. There great on a v8, I have the catback on my truck. I had them on my v6 stang, but when I put headers and offroad H-pipe on it sounded like a v6 Accord. Id like to try a flowmaster or something next. The drop on it is pretty nasty, its slammed. I'll see about some pics. I plan on modding it. Like I said, the intake was first and I was told it can be used with the blower motor and judging by your pics its the same intake configuration. I'd really like to see what one of these can do with pulleys and/or blower work. Too bad its not rwd or a manual....both of those kill the car

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

+1. Flush that shit out and go with the regular antifreeze.

When (not if) the intake gasket leaks, get the "problem solver kit" from Fel Pro. That shit works great. It's more expensive, but it's less than doing it twice.

Users who are viewing this thread