My New Baby!!!

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Well, I did it. Something I thought would never do. I got rid of the Cobra and bought a '99 FRC Vette. The car was basically a garaged weekend car and only has 29,000 miles on it when I bought it. It doesnt have a scratch on it and the interior looks as though no one has even sat in the seats yet!

So far I love the car. Its a lot slower, but I have already bought a Borla XR1 Catback, LT headers, and currently trying to find a good O/R X pipe. Im doing a really nice cam also.

Here are a couple of snaps we took in a hurry. Please disreguard the big dumpster in the back ground! LOL

000_1793.gif

000_1792.gif

000_1791.gif

000_1790.gif

000_1789.gif

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Congrats on the new toy.

I don't know if I would have gotten rid of that Cobra for a Red C5 and I definitely would have went with a ZO6 especially with the power your Cobra had. Oh well some wheels and tint and she will look even better.

The Cobra had been in an accident after you bought it in Oregon right? Hopefully you got good money for it. Post pics as your project progresses!

:beer:

Last edited:

Fast Willy

Established Member
Congrats on the new toy, its very clean but please get some new rims for the car lol. I think so are some of the ugliest stock rims ever especually for a sports car.

AlexLs1

TerminatorBUFF
Established Member
Sweet ! I love FRC's ! Good choices on exhaust ! Need to do something about those WAGON WHEELS.

Looks good !

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
great find. Goodluck with it. KB makes an intercooled blower for the 5.7....hint hint. :thumbsup:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
congrats on the car, just one question....... WHY ?

SVT4ME

Established Member
Nice but do you miss the four seater. That's the only thing that stops me from getting a two seater.

2k1cobra

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
Congrats! I sold my KB Cobra also and went to an 02 Z06. I haven't regretted it since.
Its a c5 not a zo6.:read: Going from a cobra to a zo6 is an upgrade, but i dont think i could go from an 03 cobra to a 99 c5. Looks good though besides the wheels.:beer:

CobraLucci

LEO
Established Member
wow sorry to hear u got rid of the cobra.... vette looks real nice just remmeber mods are 3 times the cosrt of the cobras. But nevertheless thats a sick car!! have fun with it!

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
2k1cobra said:
Its a c5 not a zo6.:read: Going from a cobra to a zo6 is an upgrade, but i dont think i could go from an 03 cobra to a 99 c5. Looks good though besides the wheels.:beer:

I realize that, Chief.

I wouldn't discredit the C5 Coupes much, they still handle better than the Cobras.

BLTONFirehawk

Established Member
yea I got an 02 Zo6 recently also, car is a blast to drive, the light weight and the gearing really makes it feel like a rocket, nice C5 though, with a cam and those mods, u are basically at Ls6 power anyway, plus 25k miles doesnt hurt, I have 34k on my 02 Z

Users who are viewing this thread