My new and exciting project.....SVO

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
So a friend couldn't keep this car anymore and had to get rid of it, and that's where I come in. I decided to take on a new project to keep me busy in my off time. It is a Silver Metallic 1984 Mustang SVO. She gonna need a lot of TLC.
The paint is gone but the body is 99.99% straight and dent free with only 5 minimal surface rust spots. The interior is in great condition considering normal wear with some fading from being unoperated and under the sun for 10years plus.
The engine and tranny are on their way along with extra goodies and replacement parts to get her running again. I expect to have it atleast running by September and, if i have money, painted by next year.
If anyone knows where I can find replacement SVO parts PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!
sorry for crappy pics, i couldn't get a good position for pics.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
thats going to be fun. i absolutly love SVO's

good luck and happy wrenching

96dreamer

Established Member
nice ive always liked the svo's. i actually met a guy that converted one to a carbed 5.0, i was scratching my head at that. are you doing more of a resto mod?

dings50

Established Member
The parts for those are hard to find and big $$$$. Do your home work before you get to deep.
Good Luck. I would love to see that car saved.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Wow, I've never seen the interior of one of those. Weird speedometer. Looks like a fun project though.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
PM me if you have any questions, my father and i just completly restored one, so we know where to get stuff....best thing is to search online-i know of a few places

also check out www.foureyedpride.com they have alot of info on these cars-im 84rsturbo on their

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I got a 2.3T block if you want it. Doesn't come with a head, but you can have a valve cover and upper/lower intake :lol:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The only parts that are hard to find are the front end parts. Mechnical parts are cake (minus front LCA).
Few spots for you to check out
www.svoca.com
www.turboford.org

For body and other misc parts
http://www.svpu.com/
http://forced4.com/
http://www.motion-dynamics.net/
http://www.performancepartsinc.com/

And since you have busted RH outer marker (hardest part to find as there is no repro only whats out there) hit up PPI. Jim usually tracks'em down, but they aint cheap.

That's just a few links.

Welcome to the OG SVT. :beer:

BTW - Register the VIN in the registry @ SVOCA

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
thanks for all the helpful site guys, i did a search on google and yahoo and got mostly nothing. What i really need is the passenger side inner light, possibly a new steering wheel, carpet, and a shift knob.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Recovered Steering Wheel & Shift Knob - Bob Tweedy (SVOCA)
Inner Light - PPI
Dashboard - Good Luck (Ebay?)
Carpet - 5.0 Resto

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Wow, I've never seen the interior of one of those. Weird speedometer. Looks like a fun project though.

Its a 140mph speedo, except back in the day the Government didn't want 140mph speedos because they thought people would drive fast. So they compromised with Ford. Ford put the tick marks up to 140, but no numbers.

SADF

Established Member
I'm soooooo jealous. I want one so freakin' bad. Can anyone (seriously guys) tell me what kind of gas mileage an SVO gets. I want a daily that gets decent mileage, but is still kinda cool and I want it to be a Ford and make it handle badazz. This is really what I want, but the other options would be SVT Countour or SVT Focus. Damn the SVO's are so sexy. I think Ive made up my mind and I am going to get one. I just really need to know a good idea on mileage. If it is as bad as a 5 liter, and it wouldnt suprise me, than nah. Looks great man!

Users who are viewing this thread