my new 12' grabber blue 5.0!

Robbyh17

Established Member
I was searching for a long time for premium Grabber Blue GT's in Florida but I finally found one and couldn't be happier. I previously owned a 10' V6 so man is this a fun wake up and improvement in performance! I almost settled on race red because I found a few of them, but I'm glad I held out because I NEVER see grabber blue GT's in my area and I am a fan of standing out. It is a premium manual and is stock except for my TSW Nurburgrings and I had the roof wrapped black almost immediately after buying it, and now have black 5.0 badges to match. Eventually it will have more black accents to match. For now, my first mod will be an exhaust and I'm stuck between a GT500 or Roush axleback. My exhaust setup besides the axleback will remain stock. Any comments or suggestions always welcome :) Here she is!

etc0.jpg

Tyler72

Established Member
IF the rest of the exhaust is staying stock, I vote roush. If you ever do headers & mid pipes its going to be way too loud though.

Car looks nice though! Always been a fan of GB.

BPatterson

Established Member
IF the rest of the exhaust is staying stock, I vote roush. If you ever do headers & mid pipes its going to be way too loud though.

Car looks nice though! Always been a fan of GB.

Agreed. GT500's will barely be noticeable on an otherwise stock car.

2012Appaloosa

Established Member
Search the inter-webs until you find the sound you're looking for. I agree though that GT500 Axle Backs will make little difference.

Nice color choice ;-)

Rct851

Established Member
I have the roush's. they sound better in person than in any video that I've heard. The first cold start with them on will make you smile

Robbyh17

Established Member
Thanks guys! when i was waiting to find the right car I listened to hundreds of exhaust videos and had already decided on the Roush, but now that it is time to pull the trigger I started second guessing it after reading some peoples comments on it being too loud and raspy and not deep or muscle car sounding enough. Now Im just confused.

Last edited:

Robbyh17

Established Member
Finally pulled the trigger and went with the GT500's so if it ends up being too quiet most likely the rest of my exhaust won't be stock anymore. There's just no denying they have a much deeper tone than Roush, atleast from the videos I've seen. Well see what I think when they come in and I put them on!

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
If the rest of the exhaust is staying stock I vote mangaflow comp, corsa extreme or roush. IMO GT500 ab sounds perfect with Boss h pipe

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Wish I woulda seen this earlier. I have JBA's and it clearly has the deep muscle car sound. I did some cutting/welding and moved the tips inward so they don't stick out. Looks clean and I will be selling them. Gotta go straight thru for a turbo setup.

Also in Orlando :beer: sweet lookin new ride!

Users who are viewing this thread