My n2o '03 GT vs. Cammed '00 LS1

Brad03GT

Established Member
Me and a friend of mine have been wnating to race for a while now. Something happend to his rear-end, so we postponed it. Last Fri. ngiht we're hanging out and he said he just bought a new 10 bolt with 4.10's and he put some DR's on it. His car is a full bolt-on with a pretty good size cam LS1. Before the gears I think his car trapped 91-92 mph in the 1/8th. Well we decide to run from a 20 roll. I pull out of the house we were at and did a lil burn out to get some heat in my dr's and he did the same, we go to the road to race and we when saw that it was clear we slow down to 20. I honk 3 times, and we're off...he pulls hard as I'm blowing my tires away all through 1st, and through 2nd, so I just shut down. We turn around and we decide to go from 40 (puts me in 2nd). Well, I honk 3 times and we're off again, this time I just turned the tires over a lil and we're door-to-door in 2nd, spun a lil into 3rd, door-to-door again. I shift into 4th and around 105-110 he starts to SLOWLY pull. Around 120 he's got about a fender on me! Probably one the best races I've had in a while! I just wish it was the other way around, haha. We're gonna run again when it's a lil warmer outside, that way maybe I will hook up a lil better in 1st gear.

RandomTask

Banned
Brad03GT said:
Just asked him, he said it's a custom grind 230/230 .595/.595 cam.

Thats a decent sized cam, very similar to what i have in my car. They pull like raped apes top end.

Brad03GT

Established Member
RandomTask said:
Thats a decent sized cam, very similar to what i have in my car. They pull like raped apes top end.
Haha, yes they do. I guess I had to find out the hard way.
here's a link to my mods:
http://forums.modulardepot.com/flyshow.php?&s=&showid=870
The car is going back for a re-tune in a week. I've finally got my BAP, so it's time to do some fine tuning and see what the car can really do!

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Thats a nice gt you have there. After the "fine tuning" go back for another race and see if you can put a fender on him. G-luck

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Nice runs! Your car looks good with the 03 rims and wider rubber. With the right supporting boltons and tune your friend should be close to 400rwhp with that cam. I just can't believe he bought another 10 bolt!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad03GT

Established Member
Haha, yeah his other one shit out on him, and he needed one in a hurry. It's even got an Eaton diff. in it, haha.
It is tuned by John Weeks (used to tune at RWTD). I tihnk the car made right around 400 hp, but I don't know. All you damn LS1 guys have to be so secretive with yall's power numbers, haha.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
Brad03GT said:
Last Fri. ngiht we're hanging out and he said he just bought a new 10 bolt with 4.10's and he put some DR's on it.
The 10 bolt rearend is POS, it is the same rearend on LS1 F-Body so I don't know why he bought another 10 bolt rearend. With 4.10 gears, and a cammed LS1, and DRs, he should have gotten 12 bolt rearend.

Good run btw.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
So, he'll break another one...soon. That is why you don't do things hurry and replace POS equipment with another POS equipment because in the long run, it will cost more money. Oh well, it's his money.

RandomTask

Banned
Some people need their cars and cant afford a 2500 dollar 12 bolt or 9 inch. A 10 bolt replacement is cheap, and can be replaced for as little as 200 bucks.

Brad03GT

Established Member
RandomTask said:
Some people need their cars and cant afford a 2500 dollar 12 bolt or 9 inch. A 10 bolt replacement is cheap, and can be replaced for as little as 200 bucks.
Exactly what I was about to say. I have to have my car as it is my daily driver and it's the same for him. I'm sure it would get old trying to borrow a car/rides while yours is down.

Users who are viewing this thread