My mystic got hated on

jakOlantrnCobra

suckme bitchs
Established Member
Damn well I never liked saying the word (hater,hated)but now I have to use it ,I went to buy my kids there Halloween costumes and came back and my car was keyed on both side I was so so pissed I almost went insane. ......so I need any one with advice on how to hide or anything to get rid of the scratch.

gibsonboy3000

Established Member
i feel ur pain bro... when i got my gt re-painted last year, a week later i went to walmart and someone stupid **** hit it backing up or pulling in and left a huge scrape on my bumber as well as some cracked paint... :'(

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
some mother***** came in to my garage and hit my car in the door with a bat and ran off.... i know exactly what you feel like bro

sorry to hear it happen to such a nice car

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
If you went to a larger establishment see if they can pull security cameras and see who might have done this...

How bad is it? Through the paint to metal?

mdrc347

Established Member
Yeah it sucks ill get some pics soon ,any suggestion lol its sucks or maybe i can shit out 10k for a new paint job yeah right.hey litlewhitesnake I like your sign abouts having a honda

Don't you have insurance? Turn it in to the cops and file an insurance claim = free paint job. If you don't have insurance you are probably SOL. And, no offense but with that car that just wouldn't be to smart. How deep are the scratches? If they aren't to deep, they may buff out. Doubtful though. Good luck.

Mark185

Established Member
happened to me too.. i feel your pain.. the body shop was able to work mine out to where they are barely noticeable.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Try buffing, if not too deep they should come out. If they keyed it in a straight line put a stripe on it. (jk, trying to cheer you up a little)

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Don't you have insurance? Turn it in to the cops and file an insurance claim = free paint job. If you don't have insurance you are probably SOL. And, no offense but with that car that just wouldn't be to smart. How deep are the scratches? If they aren't to deep, they may buff out. Doubtful though. Good luck.

this is a good reason why you have insurance on a car :beer:

id rather pay the 500 buck deductible for a paint job vs paying 8-10k outta pocket

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
That sucks. I dont get why some people have to **** with other peoples stuff. 2 years ago I came out to my car to find my rear tires were flat. So I jack the car up and swap on my stock rims and take the tires off. Turns out some ass hole had taken a hammer and nailed my new BFG 315 DR's with several nails. Why?!?

If you have insurance file a claim and get a new paint job.

90FoX

Established Member
Well I talked to SVT a while back and they told me it was about 400 a quart for mystic paint.... I'm not sure how many quarts it would take but even if it takes 3 or 4 your looking at 1600 for paint then the prep work, which is probably expensive and is where the quality shows. I still don't see prep work going over 3-4 thousand.

From my research this paint is just like spraying any other paint, just base coat and clear.

Btw I'm sorry that happened to you. I am firm believer in karma, so whoever did that has some bad karma headed their way. Usually low life losers do this kind of stuff.

As mentioned see if it can buff out, if its only on the clear, you can likely get away with a fine sanding and spraying the clear away. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
that sucks dude. i have a few door dings from careless people but nothing like that. i was sitting in my car the other day and some lady in a charger parked next to me crooked as hell. all the sudden her little girl throws the door open right into my car. i guess it hit it right in a seam because it didn't dent my car but she hit it hard. i told the mother and she denied everything. people are sooo careless.

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
Well I talked to SVT a while back and they told me it was about 400 a quart for mystic paint.... I'm not sure how many quarts it would take but even if it takes 3 or 4 your looking at 1600 for paint then the prep work, which is probably expensive and is where the quality shows. I still don't see prep work going over 3-4 thousand.

From my research this paint is just like spraying any other paint, just base coat and clear.

Your correct, it's about $380 for a "raw" quart that will give you a half gallon when reduced, but you have to spray a black ground coat prior to spraying the "mystic" base coat or it will never hide.The "Mystic" base coat is only considered a "mid-coat" like a tri coat white or something along those lines.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Yeah, spraying a Mystic is definitely NOT like spraying any other car. Spraying Mystichrome is, but not Mystic.
I just happened to be looking out my apartment window out my Mystic watching some new people move in. some fat bitch and her mom were taking stuff out of a real piece of shit grand prix and her mom or her opened the door against my Mystic. I about flipped out but calmly went out and told them that they have to be extremely careful with car doors next to my car because the paint is stupid expensive. They denied hitting my car so thats when I went outside, demanded that they open the door of their car and prove that the mark on my door wasn't caused by their car. Obviously the door edge matched up to the scrape on my passenger door perfectly. The mother then had the audacity to tell me to stop getting all hyper about it----its just a car and that if I was that worried then I could just move my car. To this day the dumb bitch denies ever doing anything because there are other scratches on the car (so that makes it right to add just one more??) and even went so far as to complain to apartment management that she "feared for her life" when I told her about scratching my car.

chromeyellow98

Established Member
sorry to hear about the damage
cobraman... that fat hoe should fear for her life...she gonna die of heart disease!!!

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
Yeah, spraying a Mystic is definitely NOT like spraying any other car. Spraying Mystichrome is, but not Mystic.
I just happened to be looking out my apartment window out my Mystic watching some new people move in. some fat bitch and her mom were taking stuff out of a real piece of shit grand prix and her mom or her opened the door against my Mystic. I about flipped out but calmly went out and told them that they have to be extremely careful with car doors next to my car because the paint is stupid expensive. They denied hitting my car so thats when I went outside, demanded that they open the door of their car and prove that the mark on my door wasn't caused by their car. Obviously the door edge matched up to the scrape on my passenger door perfectly. The mother then had the audacity to tell me to stop getting all hyper about it----its just a car and that if I was that worried then I could just move my car. To this day the dumb bitch denies ever doing anything because there are other scratches on the car (so that makes it right to add just one more??) and even went so far as to complain to apartment management that she "feared for her life" when I told her about scratching my car.

tit for tat, she says she didnt do it, fine, then you didnt put a gash in her tires either. :dancenana:

CleanNGreen96

4v GT
Established Member
Yeah, I had such the sweetest X girlfriend, that everyday for two weeks straight, I'd find a fresh newly keyed scratch from rear fender to front fender. By the end of the week, It looked like Freddy Krueger had taken his glove to the freck'n thing. (Happy Halloween) She knew I loved the car more than her...

But anyways I tried everyhting on the market, rubbing compound, Nu-Finish Scratch remover, Meguiars, Turtle Wax, multiple stages of buffing, even ordered the Simoniz off TV, you know the guy with the beard that's in like every infomercial. And nothing !

The only solution for deep scratches down to the bare body surface, is unfortunatley to get it re-painted. Should'nt really say this, but like a prev. poster said, go to a large dept. store call the police, get them to write a report for vandalism, and turn it over to youre insurance company. $500 detuctable to get youre Mystic touched up, really isnt all that bad..

Users who are viewing this thread