My most recent addiction...

Gix1k4

Established Member
Just picked this up from a guy that had lost interest in it, got it for a great price, but it was in need of some TLC. It had been sitting in his yard covered all summer. It needs seat upholstery, a prop and a few trim pieces.

'99 Triton TR-20 w/ '99 Merc 200hp EFI and trailer.

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

A few "before and after" pics
IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Gix1k4

Established Member
Update:

I've been collecting stuff for the Triton all winter, to fix some stuff that had been bugging me, and to add some new stuff. So as soon as we got some decent weather, i got on with working on it.

First up was to ditch the replacement jack that the previous owner had installed. The handle was so close to the hull that if you weren't careful winding it down, it would hit the boat. So, a new jack went on in the proper location.

The livewell pumps were having a tough time of it, so out they went and in went 2 Rule 800GPH units. When they were in, it highlighted another issue. The floor panel in the battery compartment was bent, and was resting on the top of the pumps. The supports had weakened and the plate aluminum had bent. And it was just generally grubby looking. So, i fabbed up a new reinforced panel and supports. Here's a few pics of the old and new.

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

....And this brought on another issue. The original 3 bank charger was looking pretty rough, and i wasn't 100% sure that all 3 banks were still working properly, so out it went, and this is what I found when i looked at it closer...
IMG_2343.jpg

So, in went a more modern 3 bank, and while I had the debit card all hot and bothered, i picked up a single bank for the starting/acc battery, just for peace of mind.
IMG_2354.jpg

We have a busy 4 year old that loves to play with switches and stuff, so while I was playing with my wires, i added a master disconnect switch, so that she can't accidently turn anything on.
IMG_2355.jpg

After all that was taken care of, it was on to the things I originally had planned to do. The Seats, hotfoot, radio, l.e.d. and BlueWater lighting. But as i found out, when you disturb 10 year old wiring, you don't get off easily. While running the new throttle cable, i broke some connectors. They were likely on their last legs anyway, and so i got to do some re-wiring here too.

Enough chatter, here's the pics of the rest of the stuff. More pics of the lighting to follow, haven't had a chance to get after dark pics yet. I know that the trim around the radio is screwy, but it is a really snug fit, and i'll fix it soon, mostly because it's bugging the heck out of me the way it is now.

Seats redone by Brad's Glass, and additional cushion fabbed for my little girl.
IMG_2344.jpg

New walkway light, with fabbed cover plate
IMG_2348.jpg

Hotfoot
IMG_2350.jpg

Radio
IMG_2351.jpg

One of the BlueWaterLED.com striplights
IMG_2346.jpg

Gix1k4

Established Member
Some not so spectacular night shots of the lights. Note; these pics don't do the lights justice at all.

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

These were after I figured out the settings on the camera, they're fuzzy cause i was shaking. The lights under the consoles are not from BlueWater.
IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Very nice boat, what products did you use to get the paint looking good again?

Gix1k4

Established Member
It was all Meguiars Marine compounds/waxes, except for the Meguiars automotive compound i used on the outboard.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Just wait till you steering starts getting stiff...it's fun digging all that out and replacing it on and outboard. My dad and I did ours a few years ago and the 2 hour project took 2 weeks.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looks great man. My dad has a Winner with a 150 merc on it that he bought in 1987. Still runs like a top for the most part. lol

Gix1k4

Established Member
Thanks everyone.

I laughed at the end when I saw the timmies cup, I'm sitting at my computer with my XL right now :beer:

I can't do anything without either a Timmies, or Coors Light in my hand...haha

Just wait till you steering starts getting stiff...it's fun digging all that out and replacing it on and outboard. My dad and I did ours a few years ago and the 2 hour project took 2 weeks.

Is your boat hydraulic steering, or cable? I've never heard of hydro steering getting stiff.

Looks great man. My dad has a Winner with a 150 merc on it that he bought in 1987. Still runs like a top for the most part. lol

I haven't had a bad Merc yet.:beer:

bright blue

Established Member
Very nice sir. I've got an 89 Astro Quickfire with a 115 Merc.

I have BlueWater LEDs on mine in red. Looks like you are ready to rock... Been fishing down here since March. :)

My pile:
21972_101350526560891_100000578332091_31638_4348361_n.jpg

Still looks new, not bad for being 21 years old.

Gix1k4

Established Member
Wow, you've taken care of that Astro, very nice. I like the older boats. I missed out on a nice old Chrysler bassboat w/ Chrysler outboard. I wanted to tinker with it, semi-restore it.

Users who are viewing this thread